Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield mount

putz

I am having trouble finding mounts that fit and am going to make some has anybody put posts through body and attached them inside?
If you look regular bracket won't work dash is to thick for regular brackets to fit.
TBUCKET003-1.jpg

I am having trouble finding mounts that fit and am going to make some has anybody put posts through body and attached them inside?
If you look regular bracket won't work dash is to thick for regular brackets to fit.
TBUCKET003-1.jpg

Putz
I made these. They have 9 bits in each and took a while but it was worth it. The flat that goes backwards sits a top of the body and will be covered by the upholstery. Another piece of flat pointing downwards will join a large 2mm thick plate. This plate will be glassed to the inside of the body which, I hope this will mean NO screen rods to the front of the car. they will be brass plated to match the screen. They also have a bolt running up through the body , through the brackets and into the bottom run of the screen frame itself. I will post more pics when they are installed

screen-bracket1.jpg
screen-bracket2.jpg
screen-bracket3.jpg
Gerry

Those are great Gerry.
hoist.gif

Great idea with the bolt coming up from the bottom also maybe have to try and fab these up.

WOW! Some one should start making those. The best I've seen and always a trouble spot on a bucket.

WOW! Some one should start making those. The best I've seen and always a trouble spot on a bucket.

I have thought about having them cast in brass but and its a BIG but it alll depends on the widthd of your body and the width of your screen
Gerry

If ya like shiny,"Who don't" making them of alum or stainless or even brass, makes it pos to just polish then vs extra$ to chrome.
If I can fine my old pics,
I'll post them .

This is the best way to go on any body, make your own to fit, (both frame and/or body) can also be painted to match the body and windshield frame... I myself really like the looks of windshield brace rods, whether they work or not... :foottap:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back