Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wintec Fab

JeffK

Just want to give an update on my project. Its been 10 months since I ordered my frame, front suspension, rear housing and rear radius rods, and 7 1/2 for my body from Wintec Fabrication. Beginning in February (6 mos) I started requesting my order be filled asap or a refund of my money. I have been given an array of excuses, meanwhile over the course of 10 months I was never given a status on ONE single part of my order. Since it became apparent I would not receive my parts, on May 3rd I sent an order cancellation and request for refund and to date have not received my refund. Jeff.

Last edited:
Sorry about the hassles, Jeff. Sometimes its not what they say, but what they do. The fact they do nothing is revealing about them as a company. I went with CCR and have never had a problem. I have met Jerry Kiefer and he is good people. I hope you can get things sorted out.

I am building my project on a Military Retired paycheck lol, I thought I would save some money on shipping and while waiting I could accumulate parts. I am sure like most, I'm Johnny Cashing this one piece at a time. Parts are racking up in my living room, however, due to dealing with a suspect company I have nowhere to install them. I am not sure why I cannot get my money back from a supposed respectable company with the claimed history in the hobby. If I had it to do over I would call the company and discuss my project. Oh wait, I did that.

This is pretty much classic , "I'll use the next guys money to pay this guy's order"...used to see this ALOT in the contracting business.
sorry , man..
dave

Oh wait, I did that.

Yep. So did I.

Double, triple checked if the parts were in stock before I ordered 'cause I needed (wanted) them quick.

Didn't make a bit of difference.

Choppinczech, I find it very hard to believe that there is more than one part in your build that was not created (yes created !) by yourself.
Jeff, I am so sorry that Wintec has been so shady about their dealings with you. I know RPM should be responsible for his only own work (never delt with Ron, but it seems that he has a hugely successful business along with numerous customer reccommendations) but Wintec is a paying sponsor here and Tbucketeer. com should not be an accessory to or allow sponsorship of outright fraud. I almost expect an arson job to pop up along with bankruptcy proceedings soon after.
Don't be a nice guy. Get a good lawyer on this, then call CCR, Sprit, RPM, or any other verifiable reputable shop.

ITS YOUR MONEY YOU WORKED FOR, YOU DESERVE MORE THAN THIS !

Choppinczech, I find it very hard to believe that there is more than one part in your build that was not created (yes created !) by yourself.

It was my rear coil overs. I took over 2 months.

Could've got them from Ron, Summit, Jegs, etc. within days.

I am certainly familiar with the "use the next guys money scheme", when I owned my race car a guy I dealt with was "that guy". At the track he would give you the shirt off his back (sometimes the part off his own car) but could be a bitch to get stuff from when you had to, away from the track lol. I expected more from a company that deals nationally, has write ups in hot rod magazines, and sponsors a T-Bucket site, and recently released a new "Roadster 4 seat T Bucket". I can say that I will not lie down and take it that's for sure. Hard to believe there are still people like this, or maybe not.

O.K., two parts.

I've slowed down a bit and I will say that my last comment was made "in the heat of the moment".
Ron has been a stand up guy from his initial association with Tbucketeers, thru Mike's passing and now with his stewardship (don't forget his sister) of the present Tbucketeer web site.
I don't think Wintec should be able to draw from Tbucketeer customer base, use questionable business practices, and be able to profit from it.
I feel that advertising from Wintec should be pulled from the mast head until these allegations are settled.
This solely my opinion and should not reflect on Ron Pope or any decisions he makes.

John

P.S. How do you think Mike would have handled this situation ?

Yep. So did I.

Double, triple checked if the parts were in stock before I ordered 'cause I needed (wanted) them quick.

Didn't make a bit of difference.
Yeah, I was quoted 10-12 weeks, that would have had my parts delivered by mid-November, lost a whole winter of "garage time"

In Jims defense he also owns another business that is demanding more time and he has less time for bucket stuff. Seems like an opportunity for a buy out to me!

In Jims defense he also owns another business that is demanding more time and he has less time for bucket stuff. Seems like an opportunity for a buy out to me!
ORF, I mean no disrespect, but it takes about 15 minutes to refund my credit card, not 5 months.

O.K., two parts.

I've slowed down a bit and I will say that my last comment was made "in the heat of the moment".
Ron has been a stand up guy from his initial association with Tbucketeers, thru Mike's passing and now with his stewardship (don't forget his sister) of the present Tbucketeer web site.
I don't think Wintec should be able to draw from Tbucketeer customer base, use questionable business practices, and be able to profit from it.
I feel that advertising from Wintec should be pulled from the mast head until these allegations are settled.
This solely my opinion and should not reflect on Ron Pope or any decisions he makes.

John

P.S. How do you think Mike would have handled this situation ?
I think Mike would have punched their ticket a long time ago. JMHO.

Not knowing the precise wording of the advertising contract/agreement between this site and Wintec, it is presumptuous of us to demand that the Wintec logo be immediately taken down. I would imagine that there might be some "due process" involved.

Just for the record, I am not advocating the taking down of this sponsor. I am just providing a factual account of my T Bucket building experience to date, How the site conducts business is of no concern to me, I am just happy to have a place to come for a wealth of knowledge. I had promised a while ago that I would post pics of my build and the manufacturer did not fulfill an agreed delivery date, so I figured I would explain whats up. I am pursuing the proper channels and I will leave it there. I do however appreciate the support from you guys. Jeff

Just for the record, I am not advocating the taking down of this sponsor. I am just providing a factual account of my T Bucket building experience to date, How the site conducts business is of no concern to me, I am just happy to have a place to come for a wealth of knowledge. I had promised a while ago that I would post pics of my build and the manufacturer did not fulfill an agreed delivery date, so I figured I would explain whats up. I am pursuing the proper channels and I will leave it there. I do however appreciate the support from you guys. Jeff

We understand. I feel for you. It sucks.

But people need to know. It's just gonna go on and on and on.

I just deleted a paragraph about this. Bottom line, guys come here for info and parts. They should be warned about unscrupulous vendors, no matter who they are. Especially if they advertise on here, it makes the site and other vendors look bad, imho. I wish no person any hardships. Ron definitely has no blame here. I bet he doesn't relish the thought of dealing with this either.

I am posting this to anything with Wintec or Jim Wilkos in thread :
Just received 2800.00 dollars back from VISA customer Service. This was my final payment. Made my initial payment of 2500.00 dollars more than a year ago with a check. That was a big mistake. April 25, 2016. Would have never made the final payment in October but Jim Wilkos said the frame was ready to ship. 3 weeks ago I spoke with Jim Wilkos (Wintec Fabrication) he told me that he would be shipping my chassis package out through UShip. But again never made good on that either. Now he will not return emails or calls. Notified IC3 internet fraud through FBI. We have filed a complaint through better business bureau. And a police report through our local police department. Finally had enough and making strides to get him to pay up. Had been trying to be really polite and not piss him off, but I've had enough. If I can help in any way to anyone reading this please contact me. I would like to see him prosecuted for theft. Nice to see his logo from this Forum finally gone.
Dennis Smith
541-951-0154cell

I am posting this to anything with Wintec or Jim Wilkos in thread :
Just received 2800.00 dollars back from VISA customer Service. This was my final payment. Made my initial payment of 2500.00 dollars more than a year ago with a check. That was a big mistake. April 25, 2016. Would have never made the final payment in October but Jim Wilkos said the frame was ready to ship. 3 weeks ago I spoke with Jim Wilkos (Wintec Fabrication) he told me that he would be shipping my chassis package out through UShip. But again never made good on that either. Now he will not return emails or calls. Notified IC3 internet fraud through FBI. We have filed a complaint through better business bureau. And a police report through our local police department. Finally had enough and making strides to get him to pay up. Had been trying to be really polite and not piss him off, but I've had enough. If I can help in any way to anyone reading this please contact me. I would like to see him prosecuted for theft. Nice to see his logo from this Forum finally gone.
Dennis Smith
541-951-0154cell
Just want to give an update on my project. Its been 10 months since I ordered my frame, front suspension, rear housing and rear radius rods, and 7 1/2 for my body from Wintec Fabrication. Beginning in February (6 mos) I started requesting my order be filled asap or a refund of my money. I have been given an array of excuses, meanwhile over the course of 10 months I was never given a status on ONE single part of my order. Since it became apparent I would not receive my parts, on May 3rd I sent an order cancellation and request for refund and to date have not received my refund. Jeff.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back