Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wintec Fab

I am also a part of the Wintec/Jim Wilkos took my money and ran club.....Was quoted 4/5 weeks for a stage 3 chassis kit, and you can see where this is going. Without dragging out time line too bad: Ordered chassis November 6th 2016, and to date have zero to show for it. Excuse after excuse, to finally nothing. No return of phone calls or emails. I was told by Connecticut State Police because i reside in New York, i had to go through NewYork State Police. So i did. I handed over all email correspondence as well as all receipts, as well as screen shots of Wintec's web site that show what appears to be a legit store front, which Jim/Wintec hasn't been in in some time. The investigator made attempts to reach Jim on work cell as well as personal cell, and email. I am sure to every bodies surprise, nothing. At this point our hands are tied because of jurisdiction, the investigator in New York said 100% they would arrest him if this occurred in New York (larceny). However, we had to call Connecticut because of that is where the crime took place. Three different agencies, Bristol, Southington, and Meridian either passed the buck (jurisdiction) or said it was a civil matter and take him to small claims. That is my story and i am contacting courts tomorrow to see if i have to file in New York or Connecticut. Get the word out i would hate to see anybody else have to through this.

I am posting this to anything with Wintec or Jim Wilkos in thread :
Just received 2800.00 dollars back from VISA customer Service. This was my final payment. Made my initial payment of 2500.00 dollars more than a year ago with a check. That was a big mistake. April 25, 2016. Would have never made the final payment in October but Jim Wilkos said the frame was ready to ship. 3 weeks ago I spoke with Jim Wilkos (Wintec Fabrication) he told me that he would be shipping my chassis package out through UShip. But again never made good on that either. Now he will not return emails or calls. Notified IC3 internet fraud through FBI. We have filed a complaint through better business bureau. And a police report through our local police department. Finally had enough and making strides to get him to pay up. Had been trying to be really polite and not piss him off, but I've had enough. If I can help in any way to anyone reading this please contact me. I would like to see him prosecuted for theft. Nice to see his logo from this Forum finally gone.
Dennis Smith
541-951-0154cell
Did ic3 contact you after initial filing? I got a "receipt" but nothing else yet

If there is anybody else out there Wintec/Jim owes money or parts to please post up, or get the word out. we need to organize......if and when things are made right i will be the first to post the details

NewAs promised an update: Long story short, I got back from the track today and in my driveway was a majority of my order from Wintec...frame, hair pins front shocks ect......still missing rear axle housing, front I beam, as well as some other items......I disputed some money that I put on the card a while ago, so i feel we are square.....shame it had to come to this.

Build pics of a 25 sedan low, long and violent to come as soon as I hit 10 post....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back