Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wisconsin Title

Congratulations! I know that feeling of weight leaving your shoulders.

20170210_152514.jpg 20170210_152522.jpg 20170212_113332.jpg 20170214_163706.jpg 20170214_163717.jpg 20170214_163729.jpg 20170214_163957.jpg 20170215_105729.jpg Here's some pics of the heat shields I made and the way I mounted them. Perforated stainless and exhaust pipe rapped with a heat sock that cut the heat by 50%. I put 3/8 nuts over the U nut towers as spacers. I painted the U nuts with High Temp engine paint and with the stainless 3/8 nut on top as a spacer, the are hard to see.

I finally figured out how to post pictures without using photo bucket. My pictures were to large and I kept getting an error when I used the Upload a file button. After playing with it I realized the problem I was having was me. Things are good now. No more photo bucket. Today received my Certificate of Vehicle Registration. Plates aren't far behind.

My pictures were to large and I kept getting an error when I used the Upload a file button. After playing with it I realized the problem I was having was me. Things are good now.

My photos come straight out of my camera at 2MB for good resolution. I resize them down to around 800KB to post on here and to save memory space. I've got 5 years worth of build pics. All backed up on memory sticks.

View attachment 13023 View attachment 13024 View attachment 13025 View attachment 13026 View attachment 13027 View attachment 13028 View attachment 13029 View attachment 13030 Here's some pics of the heat shields I made and the way I mounted them. Perforated stainless and exhaust pipe rapped with a heat sock that cut the heat by 50%. I put 3/8 nuts over the U nut towers as spacers. I painted the U nuts with High Temp engine paint and with the stainless 3/8 nut on top as a spacer, the are hard to see.

Pretty clever.

View attachment 13023 View attachment 13024 View attachment 13025 View attachment 13026 View attachment 13027 View attachment 13028 View attachment 13029 View attachment 13030 Here's some pics of the heat shields I made and the way I mounted them. Perforated stainless and exhaust pipe rapped with a heat sock that cut the heat by 50%. I put 3/8 nuts over the U nut towers as spacers. I painted the U nuts with High Temp engine paint and with the stainless 3/8 nut on top as a spacer, the are hard to see.
Nice work.

Jim

Congratulations on getting your license plates! It's always great to have another t-bucket on the road!

Congrats! So I take it we'll be seeing you this year at the NTBA Green Bay Fun Run July 6-8?

I woke up this morning smiling. Just waiting for Hagerty to notify me that I have insurance coverage. I probably should have done it sooner but who knew we would get this warm of weather in Wisconsin on 02/22/17. Mid to upper 60's. Waiting for e-mail......oh bring it on Hagerty.

Funny thing, here in Ohio, they are introducing a bill to eliminate front plates to save money. One of the arguments to keep them is that they are used as a laser target...

Anyone form Wisconsin that has gone through the process of getting a title for their build? I hit my first road block. DMV wants the VIN tag to be mounted on the driver side door post. My bucket does not have a door on the driver side. This may kill the dream I've had for years. So, any help I can get would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello hello I am finishing the interior in mine right now and really need some help getting my VIN and hobbits plates can you walk me through the process of all the paperwork you did and with who??? Many many thanks in advance scott

Welcome, Scott. Can't help you with the WI DMV registration stuff, but somebody here will know. Glad to have you on board!:thumbsup:

Hello hello I am finishing the interior in mine right now and really need some help getting my VIN and hobbits plates can you walk me through the process of all the paperwork you did and with who??? Many many thanks in advance scott
I sent you a private message with info. If you did not get it in projects & plans 2nd page half way down you,'ll see pics from my build. On the 6th page of that I have who to contact.

I sent you a private message with info. If you did not get it in projects & plans 2nd page half way down you,'ll see pics from my build. On the 6th page of that I have who to contact.
Started on thepaperwork for gettingmy car titled. First I called theDMVin Madison 1-608-267-2103 and askedto be transferred to the "Research and Information office" There I explainedto the lady that I needed a VIN number and Title so I could get my Hobbyist plates. She told me to fill outform MV-1 and MV-2388. Takepictures of all four sides of thevehicle all paperwork of major partsfor taxes. Most important is the MSOwhich I got from CCR. Ill let you guys know how it turns out. I'm notcompletely done with the car but it isdrivable.

Started on thepaperwork forgettingmy car titled. First I calledtheDMVin Madison 1-608-267-2103 and askedto be transferred to the "Research and Information office" There I explainedto the lady that Ineeded a VIN number and Title so I could get my Hobbyist plates. She told me to fill outform MV-1 and MV-2388. Takepictures of all four sides of thevehicle all paperwork of major partsfor taxes. Most important is theMSOwhich I got from CCR. Ill let you guys know how it turns out. I'mnotcompletely done with the car but it isdrivable.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back