Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wood in place

All this talk about foam and fiberglass and stuff reminded me about Gary Greeno and his homebuilt turtle Deck T ... and if you haven't seend it YOU NEED TO.

He used some kind of foam and created a buck, glassed it up and made probably the most AWESOME Track T I've ever seen.

Somebody dig up some pics PLEASE!

I tried the pink insulation foam on my door and here are the results

IMG_0686.jpg

guess the pink foam will not work.

top lip done and added foam

I want to have the interior panel recessed so I made a lip around the top. That is all fiberglassed. Know the foam is all in place and the fiberglassing will have to start. Hope this works.
IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

also the box is at the body shop and I am starting to straighten it out.
Pics of the box later, if it turns out the way I would like it to.

VroomKrazy

HAceT said:
... Can I ask what foam did you use? I need to start looking into getting ready for foaming mine real soon.

Like was stated... is OASIS SAHARA II Green - Does not absorb water... Most of the oasis foam that florist us absorbs water so make sure you get the stuff that doesn't! HUGE difference in outcome! :eek:

here is the finished body. It is about 97 percent done. Some minor touch ups and then it will be ready for paint. Will assemble the T and drive it this way and do the final paint next winter. Want to make sure all my ideas work.
IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

here is the box

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

Wow very nice job.I cant wait to see the finished car.

It's looking great VroomKrazy, I can't wait to see some pictures of it all together.

Sweet. You did a great job. I on the other hand got a hold of the wrong green oasis foam. They are going to give me another one to try. Can't wait till I get mine as good as yours. Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for all the complements. Will try to keep up with the postings as things move foward. Now it is on to the fun of wiring.

LumenAl said:
Project is really looking good... I'm very intrigued by what you are doing with the tailgate...

HAceT... Sorry you had problems with the foam, I really tried very hard to describe what you needed to get... If it was the result of my not being clear enough, then I'm really sorry! :eek:

LumenAl, it aint your fault. I guess my friend at the florist shop don't know flowers...LOL LOL.. I showed her the picture and they are going to try and get it for me. Shoot man I cant get mad at anyone that helps.:thumbsup:

Looks good! Gives me ideas on my build.

ok I'll ask, how is the wood attached to the glass body prior to adding the foam and fiberglass. been bugging me all night. chaz

I attached the wood to the fiberglass with bondo. You can also you luquid nails to attach the wood. Hope this helps.

VroomKrazy

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back