Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yea! I didn't get layed off!

jbisme

My job is safe for another 10 weeks. I'm required to take 5 unpaid days during the next 10 weeks, but at least I still have a job. Now I can focus on my project. It is getting ugly to be a machinist these days.:mad:

Congrats, maybe you can take all 5 days together as a vacation. :)

Congrats If you take all 5 days together you should be able to collect a full weeks unemployment.

Mike "Actually, I think it's getting ugly to be a tax-paying American these days."

Couldn't agree more.

It's a shame.

Congrats T-Brother, Now the big question is do you take 5 Fridays to get an early start or 5 Mondays to recuperate? Rock-on:rolleyes:

You can bet my days off will be used on my project.;) I'm buying up stuff this week and next so I have plenty to do, during my 5 days off. I'm taking them all by the end of this month. My coworkers want later days so they can save up money to absorb the loss of pay. The company is calling this unpaid mandatory vacation, so no unemployment. The last time I drew unemployment 8 years ago, I had to be unemployed for 2 weeks before unemployment insurance would issue a check. I don't know, but that rule is probably still the case.

Join the crowd.....we have to take 5 unpaid days so what they did was take our paid Holidays away up to 40hrs. Now that really sucks and I'm a Gang Investigator so it effects us all.

I guess crime will have to take off 5 days too.

That would be sweet to have Wednesday off for an entire year. What got me worried, is our machine shop employed a total of 160 people in December, we now employ 120. At least management has been very fair in who they lay off. They've only gotten rid of people with poor attendence or poor attitude.

It is amazing how many in their 20's through early 30's have this arrogance, like a sense of entitlement. One 21 year old they layed off made the comment before work, "They'd be stupid to get rid of me." My boss won't admit it, but I think he secretly was looking forward to walking this guy out.:ciao::D I asked my boss last night if he was feeling light headed today, perhaps a bit dizzy or having a hard time gathering his thoughts. He gave me one of these.:shrug:

For what its worth, I really love working for this company, it is almost as much fun for me to be there as a hobby at times. It is really rare for me to dread going to this job. But after this week, :beer: I need it!

Glad you still have your job. It sucks having to take unpaid days off, but if doing that means keeping job it is worth it. We have to take 1 day per month off without pay for the next year and as people leave due to retirement, better job, etc., we can not replace them and that is beginning to really hurt and show up in us not being able to meet our schedules. Back in 2006 we had to go to 4 10 hr days work week for a few months. Since my 2 bosses and everybody else was either already working 4 10s or 8 9s an 8 and 1 day off every 2 wks, my boss said since I was 3rd in command and he took Fridays off and my other boss took Mondays the only day I could take off was Wednesdays. My wife hated it, Wednesday was her day off, she complained she could not get anything done with me at home. I now work the 8 9s an 8 and off every other Friday.
Good luck with the job and hopefully the 10 weeks will turn into many more years.
Ron A.

My wife hated it, Wednesday was her day off, she complained she could not get anything done with me at home.

My wife gets plenty done on my days off, plenty done on my projects that is.:rofl:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back