Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

14” Dual Mitering Metal Saw

I have had 3 of those. The neck snapped in half on all 3.

You must of like them to buy 3 ??? Did Evolution replace the neck?

Now that I think about it, I only bought two. The third was some other brand that I don't remember. I think I got the Evolution's from Amazon and just sent them back for replacement / credit. I've had a Makita now for 10 years, it is still working.

IMG_6486.jpg IMG_6483.jpg

I bought one of the same Evolution S355MCS saws that is in the video when they first came out 6 months ago. It looks like a wood saw, but this was designed to cut aluminum and steel. I have used it a number of times and so far, I like it. I made a stand and added a couple of stops and extension arms on each side which makes it easier to use. The nice thing about this saw is the fence and clamping mechanism. I like it a lot better than the cheap vices that are typically on metal cutting saws.
For a number of years I had a Milwaukee 6190-20 Dry cut saw. It was hard on blades. It would knock the carbine teeth off the blades randomly, regardless of how careful I was. At $100 a blade I finally got tired of it, sold it, and bought a horizontal band saw.
I like the Evolution saw a lot better than the Milwaukee. Both saws were/are extremely accurate and the cuts looked like they have a machined finish. But if I could only have one saw, I would choose the horizontal band saw over the cold cut saws.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back