Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

2/12/11 Page Load Speeds

Mike

I am aware the site is now running very slowly. It is down to a network latency/packet loss problem between Level 3 and Colo4Dallas, where our server is located. The techs at Colo4Dallas are aware of the problem, it is datacenter-wide and they are thrashing to get everything resolved with Level 3. I received the last update on this situation approximately 20 minutes ago. I will provide updates as they are made available to me.

I am aware the site is now running very slowly. It is down to a network latency/packet loss problem between Level 3 and Colo4Dallas, where our server is located. The techs at Colo4Dallas are aware of the problem, it is datacenter-wide and they are thrashing to get everything resolved with Level 3. I received the last update on this situation approximately 20 minutes ago. I will provide updates as they are made available to me.

uhhh...ok. I'm sure glad you got this thing figured out! :thumb:

Just in from Colo4Dallas -

An FIB TCAM exhaustion issue was experienced this morning on the Premium Network. The initial incident resulted in a small number of routers entering a software-switched state. However, as the morning went on, this issue cascaded and required rolling reboots of our border routers.

At this time, the issue has been resolved.

FIB TCAM = Forwarding Information Base Ternary Content-Addressable Memory

Clear as mud, aye? :winkn:

If any of you have ever had to reboot a router to correct a connection problem, this is basically what took place at Colo4 this morning.

An FIB TCAM exhaustion issue was experienced this morning on the Premium Network. The initial incident resulted in a small number of routers entering a software-switched state. However, as the morning went on, this issue cascaded and required rolling reboots of our border routers.

Ya, those darn FIB TCAMs will get you every time

The way I know when someone knows how to fix stuff is because I didn't even know it was broken in the first place. just the way I like it to work.:bubble:

Thanks,
Russ

Mike...Is this a special Indiana way of talking or did I leave Planet Earth last night and just don't know it yet? I do believe that You Are The Man! Thanks

George

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back