Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

2000 Gmc Jimmy gear ratio

KPoole9008

I just pulled the cover off the rear end on a 2000 GMC Jimmy two wheel drive. The truck had a V6 engine. I counted the teeth on the ring gear and it has 40. The pinion gear has 13 teeth. Dividing the 13 into the 40 I come up with a 3:15 ratio. The info I can gather on the Jimmy says they had either a 3:08 or a 3:42. Are my figures correct. Thanks

40 divided by 13 = 3.08. Check your math.

Bob
OPPS!!! It's been a long day. I got three hours sleep last night and have been up all day. Yesterday I went to the Summit Racing store in Georgia. 900 miles round trip. Man was it worth the trip. A Gearheads dream. Thanks

I worked for Chevrolet for 15 years in the body shop. Here is a little helpful knowledge next time you take the rear end , engine, trans,etc out of a GM product 84-present there is a sticker in the glove box on trucks that includes S10,s10 blazer,S15,1500, 2500, suberbun, tahue, yukon,jimmy,eonvoy,trailblazer. etc that has a bunch of letters and numbers on it this is the modern day build sheet take the sticker with you also jot down the vin. You can call your local Chevy dealer and they can tell you the gear ratio, engine size, trans, etc. on fullsize GM cars including camaro, firebird, impala caprice, roadmaster, etc this sticker could be in a few spots( glovebox,in the trunk either on the spare tire board, in the spare well,on a plastic door where the jack is, on the decklid,or in the console). Some of the early 80's stickers are not coded and have the info in plane english. just thought sombody could use this info if you are routing through the bone yard and don't want to take off all the covers till you find the ratio you want.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back