Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Minnesota

trogdor

Hello all! I'm just starting my t-bucket build. I happened onto someone else's started but never finished project. I have a pre-fab frame, fiberglass body with door, and coil-over rear suspension kit, all from Speedway. I have a 305 sbc that I'm rebuilding that will go into it, which I'm keeping basically stock. Based on information I've read here, I currently looking for a TH350 transmission and a 2wd S10 rear end. I'm really excited to learn as much as I can. Rebuilding the 305 has been a wonderful experience. I underestimated the amount of tools I'd need! I had to get micrometers, a dial bore gauge, parts washer, etc. As I start on the t-bucket, I'm finding I need a better welder, a bigger air compressor for painting, etc.!!!! But it has all been so much fun. My daily-driver car is going to have to spend the next Minnesota winter outside the garage I fear, but such is life. I need the space for the t-bucket!

Next steps: I need to gather some parts! Transmission, rear end, and front suspension are at the top of the list. I'm looking at RPM for the front end, and I'm planning a trip to one of those 'you pull it' junkyards for some misc. And I need to get the engine assembled. I have a re-ring kit ordered, I need to clean, paint, and reassemble. I also got an old quadrajet carb that I need to rebuild too. So lots to do!

This is really about the learning experience for me... I feel like there is so much I don't know, and that is exciting. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions for you all. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma City! WelcomeAnim.gif

I think that you would like the 700-R$ transmission better!

MAKE SURE TO SAVE ALL YOUR RECEIPTS OR BILL OF SALES!! MAKE SURE IF THERE IS ANY NUMBERS ON THE ITEM, IT IS NOTED ON THE RECEIPT OR BILL OF SALES. You can thank me later ;)

MAKE SURE TO SAVE ALL YOUR RECEIPTS OR BILL OF SALES!! MAKE SURE IF THERE IS ANY NUMBERS ON THE ITEM, IT IS NOTED ON THE RECEIPT OR BILL OF SALES. You can thank me later ;)
I recently had to have one inspected after repairing accident damage. The state is in cahoots with the insurance moguls to deem minor fender bender damage as totaled, salvage, and forces title flipping then inspection... ridiculous, imho... Had receipts from bone yard but no numbers. I added numbers myself and no problem. Just a FYI Incase. BTW, the inspection was parts, not safety, and if you procure parts from a private seller, they are jerks. I sold some parts to a guy not knowing he intended to have inspection and later received a letter from the state patrol demanding my ssn, vin from vehicle, etc... I refused. No clue if the guy got his inspection or not but I wasn’t interested in any hassle.

It has 4 gears, making 4th gear an overdrive of 0.7:1 and a lockup torque converter.

Higher 1st gear ratio? So 1st gear is higher than 3rd gear? Must be true if it is on the internet. I have a 700R4 with .454 rear end gears with a lockup converter and it always seems like I need one more gear between 3rd and overdrive with the converter locked-up. If I don't lock the converter all is fine, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back