Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

350 Chevy 2 barrel motor

23dragster

Whatcha guys think of a stock Chevy 350 from a 1976 Chevy 2 ton truck with stock 2 barrel carb, stock 2 barrel intake, and TH350 automatic (with B&M stage 2 shift kit) in my T-bucket? I don't have pics, but the motor seems to run so smooth it's unreal.

Previously had supercharged 305 Chevy in it with over 600hp; so it would be a big contrast compared to before, but what do you guys think?

I'm running Ford 8.8" axle, with 3.73 gears and 28" steam-roller tires.

I picked the motor up from a farmer for $350 and it has around 10k on it rebuilt. The motor has 1.72" intake valves, and 1.5 exhaust, small I know, but what do you all think? Would it be ok on the freeway?

Will work fine maybe a little easier on gas also.

Do the math a 4000 lb truck compared to a 2000 lb T Bucket. Like was previously stated won't be as powerful as your previous motor, but should still be pretty snappy and better fuel milage.

In 1967 when I was building my bucket all I could afford was a stock 265 with a 2 barrel that came out of a 56 pickup, I think it made about 160 hp. It wasn't the fastest car around but in order of importance at the time it made me happy, attracted girls, was quick and dependable. It all comes down to what you expect from the car and what it's going to take to make you happy. I've since had a 327, 350 and it now has a 383 in it.

On a side note I've recently read that since 1955 GM has produced over 100,000,000 small block chevy engines.

Hey, it'll be a real mover in a light T. WHO SAYS A 2BBL WON'T RUN! Thats what they run on the Nascar Cars.......and they have to adhear to the restrictor plate rules......right at 200 mph with a 2bbl and a mushroom tappet cam.......and of couurse body panel templates, strict weight control, yada, yada, yada........

Makes me long for the days when Petty was out there with the Big Dodge, and Ford/Chevy came out with the overhead cam V8's. That Superbird was hell!

Go the a Holley 500, get a c4b intake with a adapterplate, run a RV cam or even a mild-Thumper cam......(won't kill your lowrange but will sound good) and with those open T headers....it ought to move with as little weight as you'll have.

Sprint Cup cars have 4-BBL carbs.

NASCAR has announced that NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams will use carburetor restrictor-plate openings of 1 1/32 inches for the July 3 event at Daytona International Speedway. The previous plate at Daytona last February was 63/64-inch.

Monday’s announcement pertains only to next month’s Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola – the last NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event on the current Daytona asphalt. The 2.5-mile, high-banked superspeedway will be repaved prior to the 2011 Daytona 500.

Each restrictor plate contains four openings which restrict air flow to the engine, thus slowing cars. Larger openings mean more air, and more speed.

Thanks guys. I think the truck it came out of weighed around 7,000 pounds empty, give or take 500 lbs. It was a big truck, geared low, and had a monster of a flatbed on it.

I'm sure it'll have lots of low-end punch off the line, which will be nice for in town driving. I have another 350cci spare motor with Edelbrock intake/4bbl carb that I suppose could go in if it's "not enough". =) Pretty much all I want is to be able to lightly burn the tires in first, chirp into second (with the shift kit), and (hopefully) make a girl smile when I hit it. I'll give it a try and see how I like it I suppose. Thanks everyone!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back