Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A couple of quick styling changes

Mike

OK, for those of you who are a bit like me and are starting to notice your eyes getting tired a lot faster, I've increased the size of the display font within message text. I've not tweaked all the font sizes, because I am figuring you spend more time reading posts, than anything else. I want to see how this works out and then I will look at maybe changing sizes in some other areas, as well.

I bumped font sizes up from 11 pt. to 12 pt.

And I've also increased the display sizes of everyone's avatars.

Hopefully, these will be well-received changes.

<pounds head on desk>

Fargin' handhelds. If it's not antique versions of fargin' Internet Exploder giving me fits, it is the fargin' handhelds. :mad: <opens window and throws phone into center of the street>

Avatar size has been restored to the previous dimensions.

Thank you, you may have noticed for the last 1000 or so posts I've made I always use a larger font.

I just need to wade into the CSS, to find a way to make the avatar responsive. The problem lies in trying to make things look right on everything from 60" HD monitors to the smallest handheld device. Which can get pretty frustrating, on occasion.

Teleman2 - You also use a sans serif font (Ariel-?), which I understand is considered easier to read. The 'feet' on the letters in Times Roman and others, date back hundreds of years, when printers used them to line up rows of letters.

Mark

For the record, I hate handhelds as much as I hate Windows. :mad:

Mike: You'd really hate my Nokia Windows Phone then! ;) Hate all you want, I like it soooo much better than the I Phone and this site works great on it. I post all the time from it

Ben, the only combination that could be worse would be if you were somehow running IE 6 on your phone. :laugh:

I'm still thinking and playing with some CSS to get everything to work, but it seems when I get the larger avatar container to work in a responsive mode, then it wants to break out of the container on a normal display. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Now, if I can just exhibit enough will to discover the way. :confused:

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

For anyone, who like myself, wasted a couple of years studying Latin, you will translate the above as, 'I came. I saw. I punted it's sorry backside into touch.' Or something along those lines.

It took tweaking a couple of style settings I had not considered previously, but the bottom line is I feexed it, and it works.

As for font styling, I have always liked the Georgia font used in XenForo, but I suppose we could look at changing over to Verdana, to see if that might help. Below are a couple of images, showing the difference between the two fonts. They are both 11 pt.

fontchange001.jpg

fontchange002.jpg

Let me know your thoughts on this change.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back