Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A rude awakening

Mike

Wow, I guess it is welcome to Winter time.

It is currently 36°, with a wind chill number of 26°. And this misting rain we've been getting all day is now forecast to turn into snow flurries. They are saying tonight will be our killing freeze, so here we go. The Farmer's Almanac says our precipitation will be below normal, this Winter, but it is meant to get cold, early on. Oh, how I hate this time of year.

Methinks a nice, warm bowl of soup is in order for this evening.

Hey I am 400 miles or more straight south of you and they are calling for 1-3" of snow here tonight and over 14" in the higher elevations. Yes fourteen inches on snow on November 1st. We don't usually get snow till January.

It's in the 30's here as well, we had snow flurries earlier today. I've got the bucket winterized and put away for the winter and the snowblower out and ready to go.

Reactions: RPM
I am going to a cruise in at Pep-Boys tomorrow evening here in Lafayette. It is suppose to be in the low 60's. That is Lafayette, Louisiana not Indiana.

That front is supposed to hit us here in central Florida over Saturday night. They are predicting A low Sunday morning of 43 degrees with a high of 68 in the afternoon. . That SUCKS!!! By Monday we'll be back to around high 70's and then lower 80's the rest of the week.

Jim

Hey I am 400 miles or more straight south of you and they are calling for 1-3" of snow here tonight and over 14" in the higher elevations. Yes fourteen inches on snow on November 1st. We don't usually get snow till January.
A pal of mine runs a shop in North Georgia. He was originally from the Kenosha/Racine, Wisconsin area. And for a lot of years, the weather in WI was a lot milder than he was seeing down his way. After last winter, I think he got his revenge.

The flurries are moving out of the area, thankfully. But it is meant to be in the mid-20's, both tonight and tomorrow night.

It's in the 30's here as well, we had snow flurries earlier today. I've got the bucket winterized and put away for the winter and the snowblower out and ready to go.
And you've that monster snowblower, don't you? They were doing snow crew assignments at work, a couple night back and I was really hoping to be on a crew with a blower. But that didn't happen. :( I'm just hoping the meteorologists are right about the reduced precipitation forecasts.

I had to turn the furnace on in the shop this weekend! After last year's winter in Indiana we are hoping for mild! I've got fiberglass work to do, and paint after all!

We had 20mph wind gusts and 30 degrees last night, woke up to 2`` of snow this morning. Last year on Halloween we were cooking out.

After last year's winter in Indiana we are hoping for mild!
Amen! I'm not ready for another winter like last year's. Ever. We had one period, over at Purdue, where we were out every night for three weeks, either shoveling snow or throwing salt. Other people were griping about how hot it got last summer, but I don't think I fully thawed out from last winter! :laugh: I cannot recall the exact number, but the official records from the airport had us at just over 5 feet of snow, for the winter. Which is just over 5 feet of snow too much, if you ask me.

We went from a nice 73* day yesterday down into the 50's with rain all night today our high was 53* and plans on getting colder

<SHIVER>

It went from a high of 55°, earlier this morning, down to a current 37°, and they are saying we will see an overnight low of 27°. Friday, we have a forecast high of just 32°, with a forecast low of 21°. What is up with that?!? @AmericanGraffiti, I just saw WLFI is predicting at least a dusting of snow, Saturday/Sunday, with a chance of some actual accumulation. o_O

<digs out winter coat for tonight>

<SHIVER>

It went from a high of 55°, earlier this morning, down to a current 37°, and they are saying we will see an overnight low of 27°. Friday, we have a forecast high of just 32°, with a forecast low of 21°. What is up with that?!? @AmericanGraffiti, I just saw WLFI is predicting at least a dusting of snow, Saturday/Sunday, with a chance of some actual accumulation. o_O

<digs out winter coat for tonight>

Let us hope they have their usual degree of accuracy!! :)

Mid seventies yesterday to forties today. Twenty Eight tonight. Not ready for this, but it is one day closer to spring.
Lee

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back