Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Accell Corrected cap

Johnny

I installed one of these caps and was really happy with the way it looked and worked, but lately hot rod has a knock and the whole car vibrates and has a bang like its missing and ya can feel it bang bang bang . You can feel it in the frame and under your butt even ! On acceleration it sometimes backfires. Not all the time. Has anyone had an issue with this cap ? Anyone using this cap ? I tried working on it awhile ago but it's about 110 in the garage so I grabbed a beer and am sitting under the AC vent in the house now and probably won't go back out there again until Sept or Oct.
Any and all help will be appreciated

Thanks,
Johnny

Maybe put the old cap back on and see if the problem is still there. Long ago, I developed a viberation that I thought was a out of round tire that was just put on. 4 tires actually. I finally discovered, an end of a pushrod (Ford) had popped off, causing a shaking of the whole car. Not that this is your problem, but thought I would just pass that along.
If the cap don't fix it or change things, I would pull plug wires one at a time to find maybe a cylinder prob. I imagine others will have other ideas. You might add some specifics of your engine also.

Sounds like cross firing, cap or wires. Lotsa things can cause back firing, these are about the 2 easiest to check.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back