Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Quiet (relatively) exhaust for a very low T bucket

All: turns out the Patriot shielded side pipes I've been looking at (26 inches long, 3.5 inch inner diameter) come with the Patriot 12.5 inch muffler permanently in place. The muffler can't be removed or replaced. The Patriot tech guy says noise level with a near-stock 302 shouldn't be objectionable. I also need to find out whether the muffler is welded in near the turn out or at the collector end, since I wonder whether there's room to slip in an auger baffle at the straight end. What I've read is that augers don't make much difference anyway. And maybe I'm worrying for no good reason. Thoughts?
Mike

Point the turnout more down and away. Guys except dirt roads
On some grassy/dusty show fields those turned down ends do not endear you to other participants because of what is kicked up and dirties their ride. IMHO

Jim

Last year I went to a car show, 2 guys was standing around when the show got over , I asked them if they needed anything , one said how noisey is your car ?? I started it up ,they said that isn't to bad. I told them out on the road it is quieter.. I didn't tell them a RV cam, bored 30 over with new pistons , changes things.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back