Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

After 1 2/3 years, time for an introduction

hutchman

I've been lurking since Jan of 2011, while looking for information and thinking about building a T bucket. I have had the desire for one since the late 60s but never really scratched the itch. At one time i did buy a "kit' from a place call the Florida Rod Shop, but it was a real piece of crap and kind of soured me on a build.

Since the 60s I have owned a bunch of cars.....Corvettes, Trans Ams, GTOs, etc. and a couple of street rods. One was a 40 Chevy 2 door sedan with a 394 Olds and a 4 speed hydro, one was a 40 Ford Coupe with a small block, lime green metalflake paint, and gold flames. That one was striped by Ed Roth. Also at one time I had a 56 F100 with a 289 and an auto........should have kept all of these!! LOL!

Anyway, I have some experience with hot rods, but never a T Bucket. Seems to be a hole in my life.

So you may wonder, why the heck don't i just build one? Two real issues......one of which is a health issue. I am not able to get out to the garage daily. But my thought is a T Bucket build would be good therapy, so that argument goes away pretty quickly. But the second issue is not likely to go anywhere...........I am 6"8" and now weigh 390#. I am a large person.

Soooo, the question is: If i decide to start this, which way would be the best to go?

The Wintec Roadster appears to be the easiest route. I think it could be made to fit with minimal effort. I know there are other bodies that are stretched in different areas, but just don't really know other than the WR, which might work. Thoughts or suggestions........

Thanks in advance for any help and also thanks for a great site!

I say that it would be beneficial if you talked to Ron Pope at RPM (Ron Pope Motorsports). He has stretched bodies and can supply you with all the parts needed information to complete the build. 1-855-T-BUCKET

Jim

Another consideration is where you reside. It's always nice to have your suppler as close as possible. But my choice would be R.P.M. He makes a stretch body that looks really good.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back