Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Almost there...gotta get motivated

I want to offer encouragement to both you guys. It took me 15 years to finish my bucket - life events intervened - but the thrill of that first ride is priceless. Keep at it!

Vroom-vroom!.jpg first cruise-in.jpgH.jpg

I just looked at my build thread and noticed I last made a post 1 year ago! I have been thinking about working on it a lot lately. I hope to have some progress in the next few days.

Takes more time to get everything you want or need to do a simple job out and ready. Then they all have to be put away again. My age sees a lot of this as wasted time but if you have a big enough workshop to just let it all there, then no excuse Dude.

I want to offer encouragement to both you guys. It took me 15 years to finish my bucket - life events intervened - but the thrill of that first ride is priceless. Keep at it!

View attachment 20236 View attachment 20237View attachment 20238
I know how lack of motivation is, I started my T in 2012. Finally assembling it, hopefully done by my 60th birthday in March. I had that center picture blown up and is hanging in my garage!

Speaking from personal experience, getting motivated and actually being productive is like chemistry, like having the planets align just right, lol... getting older sucks! Between motivation, actually feeling well physically, having the energy, timing, and not having other priorities or unexpected events get in the way is almost miraculous. The thing I really miss is what I call “moral support”; The energy that one gleans from having a friend or co companion present. I am bored with conversing with myself!

Speaking from personal experience, getting motivated and actually being productive is like chemistry, like having the planets align just right, lol... getting older sucks! Between motivation, actually feeling well physically, having the energy, timing, and not having other priorities or unexpected events get in the way is almost miraculous. The thing I really miss is what I call “moral support”; The energy that one gleans from having a friend or co companion present. I am bored with conversing with myself!

Well said fletcherson! I need to make a steering and gas tank change by spring. However, I go out to the garage and it just seems easier to put stuff away /clean up the last project!

The thing I really miss is what I call “moral support”; The energy that one gleans from having a friend or co companion present. I am bored with conversing with myself!

You guys are it for me. You're the only "car" buddies I have to keep me going.

Guess I'm kind of a loner and too busy in my real life.

I also would love to have a buddy involved in my build. But , that's not happening. The people i live with are not interested. The people at Leroy's repair shop , seem to lack interest also. Everything is generated within myself.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back