Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters                Spirit Industries                Southern Legacy Freight!               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Aluminum headlight stands

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by butch27, Sep 9, 2008.

1. butch27

butch27
    Expand Collapse

Retired
    I drilled a hole right through the side of mine. Anybody got a pair they want to sell. The ones with the hole down through them.

2. Tbucit

Tbucit
    Expand Collapse

Did you do it trying to put a hole down the middle? It can be welded if you wanted to go that way.Randa

3. butch27

butch27
    Expand Collapse

Retired
    Yep: That' what I did. These are already polished ( by Thomas) . Won't the weld show?

4. Tbucit

Tbucit
    Expand Collapse

You will have to repolish them but it can be made so that you can't tell.These are the ones I made and drilled for the wire to run through, you can see how big this hole is, In fact there are three holes drilled in each one becuase of the angle. If you enlarge the second link it is what they looked like after I finished.http://www.hotrodders.com/journal_p....com/journal_photos/00038810/11806107100.jpgI would giet it a try not much to lose.Randall

5. butch27

butch27
    Expand Collapse

Retired
    Beautiful work. The aluminum alone would cost me a ton.

6. Tbucit

Tbucit
    Expand Collapse

7. Youngster

Youngster
    Expand Collapse
    VIP
    VIP Member

You should be able to finish your drilling And weld the hole up. The nicething is that it's aluminum. That will be easy to polish.

Here's another type of headlight stand. I used a '28-9 A headlight bar. I cut the ends off just past the bucket pods and sectioned 1-1/2" out of the center of the bar. The ends were welded back on the bar at the width of the frame. I have used this set up on several cars. Works good and a headlight bar usually costs $15 to $25 at the swap meets around here. This might not go with the theme of your build.

[​IMG]

Ron

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! White Rose Technology Ting Mobile Buy VPN

SSL Certificate