Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another T-Bucket guy

Ahh, ok, my reply to you was one of the posts I wanted to edit. I replied about the Buick drums, and I guess while typing, my spaces didn’t get registered and it was one long word of:
I like them as well, and am planning on using a set up front, I have both a real set and a pair of covers.
But the first part got deleted and after reading the post after it posted it looked like I was being an ass and bragging that I had some!!! I’m LUCKY to have the sets I have.

Wow, that's lovely.

Kinda sorta. I just rebuilt the 700 R4 put new tires (others were 13 years old) putting exhaust on it now and taking the rear bumper to the chrome shop Friday. It’s been in the garage for 2 years after trans went out so I’m kinda looking forward to driving it again. Have you got a need for one? The paint is much better than the picture shows. It’s metalflake.

Metalflake family here too!! I taught my 12 y/o daughter to paint and she painted our DuneBuggy with .004, .008, & .015 orange flake, and a pinch or 3 of .004 gold. Going to spray a light mist of # 4 & 8 red on the T during wintertime up here this year.

What era of hot rodding was Metal Flake most popular? I am trying to build an early 60's style Bucket but idk what the best reference is for the look.

What era of hot rodding was Metal Flake most popular? I am trying to build an early 60's style Bucket but idk what the best reference is for the look.

I think metal flake first appeared in 1959. Dick Scritchfield's 32 roadster was one of the first popular hot rods to receive a metal flake paint job in 1960. Here's an article . . .

Metalflake - Kustomrama

I don't do FB. could you post your pictures and story up on here?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back