Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Anxious in Baltimore

Greg R

Hi everyone. My name is Greg and I'm from Perry Hall, MD just north of Baltimore. I ordered a 23 T bucket super kit from Spirit 2 weeks ago and I'm dying to get it. My wheels and tires arrived today from Summit so now I need something to attach them to.

I've always been a car guy with more than my share of muscle cars and 4 Corvettes over the years. After a few years playing on the Chesapeake without any 4 wheel play toys I decided to get another car.

Having a fulltime work vehicle my car would really only be a play toy so to speak. For several years I thought of building a Cobra kit but after thinking about it I realized something.

As a kid and through high school I was somewhat artistic and constantly drew cars. Super charged Mustangs were a favorite but what I drew the most was T-Bucket hot rods. I guess I got it from building the Red Baron model and watching the Beach Blanket Bingo movies and of course American Graffitti. It hit me that T-Buckets being a life long favorite of mine it was time to have a dream come true.

I researched the kits and decided on the Spirit package. It's also been a pleasure to read this forum.

I'll post pictures as I go along.

Greg Redmer

Welcome aboard, brudda. Lots of Spirit builders here. And BC and Josh (Hulkmania) are regulars. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Thanks Lee. I'm sure I'll have dozens o questions along the way. I'll search the forum 1st so I don't bug the heck out of everyone.

Welcome to the forum lots of dream machines here of all kinds no two alike.

welcome Greg :D

Thanks everyone. I have been following Satori's build. Hope to get some knowledge from him since I'll be right behind him .

Welcome to the site Greg! This site could just possibly turn out to be the most used tool during your build. Get ready for the ride of your life!!!

Ron

Hey Greg, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how valuable this site will be for your build (and mine). When is the estimated delivery of your kit? I also got the super kit.

Satori said:
Hey Greg, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how valuable this site will be for your build (and mine). When is the estimated delivery of your kit? I also got the super kit.

Josh said they were making the body this week so however long the fiberglass and mounting 0f the pickup bed etc. takes. I assume it will ship the following week. Not soon enough for me. I have some big a$$ tires and gas tank looking to be mounted on something.

Welcome Greg. Good luck on your build. We'll have to get together sometime. I live west of you and haven't found too many bucket owners in the area. We'll be at the York NSRA meet and the T-Bucket Nationals June, you should plan on attending.

Track T-4 said:
Welcome Greg. Good luck on your build. We'll have to get together sometime. I live west of you and haven't found too many bucket owners in the area. We'll be at the York NSRA meet and the T-Bucket Nationals June, you should plan on attending.

Wow, beautiful car. Who did your paint? And when is the York meet?
Looking at the NTBA website there are 3 or 4 t buckets in my area but haven't seen or met them yet.

Greg,

I've been restoring the car. Bought it a year ago and the paint job was on it when purchased. The York meet is June 5, 6, 7 at the fairgrounds. Here is a link: NSRA home Give me a yell if you go.

I've been looking for cruise nights and shows in the area. Have you been to the Friday night cruise-in at the Lowe's in Abingdon?

Bruce

Track T-4 said:
Greg,

I've been restoring the car. Bought it a year ago and the paint job was on it when purchased. The York meet is June 5, 6, 7 at the fairgrounds. Here is a link: NSRA home Give me a yell if you go.

I've been looking for cruise nights and shows in the area. Have you been to the Friday night cruise-in at the Lowe's in Abingdon?

Bruce
Haven't had a car for a couple of years and hadn't heard of the Lowes site. I know many a hot rod would meet at the K-Mart on Belair Rd. in Fullerton on Saturday nights in the past. I'll have to keep my ears open and find out what's going on around here. What town do you live in?

Greg R Good luck with your build its going to be sweet. I also noticed you are already a contributor with only 10 posts. Thank you for being a good example and supporting the best T Bucket builders Forum on the internet.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back