Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Any one know about "Street Rods, Parts, and Memorabilia" in Ohio?

Eddie

I found a website for a store called "Street Rods, Parts, and Memorabilia" in Ohio.
They list a 23 T bucket body that looks good but nothing else for T buckets. No frame or any other parts. This seems a little .... strange.
Anyway, has anyone seen a body from this place? What is quality like? Is this shop OK or should it be avoided? Any information you have is greatly appreciated.

1923 Ford T Bucket Roadster

Go with a RPM Sprit or CCR and you will not be disappointed.

My advice also. Those other guys probably bought a set of molds from a defunct outfit, and I would have major concerns about quality. It might be OK, but why not get one from someone you KNOW makes good quality 'glass?

I still live in Ohio and have not had any interaction with or knowledge of this company. There are so many companies that advertise stuff and really are just playing middleman these days, I would be suspicious if they didn't offer anything else for a bucket, unless they are simply a glass parts company. There are a couple major performance parts retailers in Ohio, and they each own interest in several smaller parts manufacturers who make parts that they sell under their names, and others as well. I'm not implying that this is the case here, Just an observation. "SRPM STREET RODS" is their home web site. They advertise as being a early mopar restoration and hot rod fiberglass parts and frame manufacture, per a quick search. I didn't spend much time on there, but didn't see much listed specifically for T buckets. Many street rod parts are interchangeable though. I'll spend some more time on there later just to see what all they offer. There are three good companies on this site, RPM, CCR, Spirit,(in order as listed on the home page, no inference either way) and then there's Speedway, all of those are safe bets for parts from my experience.

I still live in Ohio and have not had any interaction with or knowledge of this company. There are so many companies that advertise stuff and really are just playing middleman these days, I would be suspicious if they didn't offer anything else for a bucket, unless they are simply a glass parts company. There are a couple major performance parts retailers in Ohio, and they each own interest in several smaller parts manufacturers who make parts that they sell under their names, and others as well. I'm not implying that this is the case here, Just an observation. "SRPM STREET RODS" is their home web site. They advertise as being a early mopar restoration and hot rod fiberglass parts and frame manufacture, per a quick search. I didn't spend much time on there, but didn't see much listed specifically for T buckets. Many street rod parts are interchangeable though. I'll spend some more time on there later just to see what all they offer. There are three good companies on this site, RPM, CCR, Spirit,(in order as listed on the home page, no inference either way) and then there's Speedway, all of those are safe bets for parts from my experience.
"Street Rods..." does seem to have a bunch of bodies available. This could mean they buy up molds from others when they go out of business. They seen to be focused on Model A and above ('32 and 'newer'), not much for a '23.

Here is the thing that got me interested though. Their T bucket body has an 8" stretch. 2" in the cowl area and 6" behind the door. This would save me a lot of work (and money for bracing, clamps, fiberglassing materials, etc if I had to do my own stretch).
The next 'best' is Spirit with a 5" stretch. RPM has a 10" BUT it's all in the cowl area and it spoils the proportions (and in my opinion stretching the cowl area is ..... not were you need the extra length). So, this 'Street Rods" body sound just about perfect...IF the quality is there.

I'll probably go with the Spirit. I have another month before I can order anything (I'm moving) so still time to research.

"Street Rods..." does seem to have a bunch of bodies available. This could mean they buy up molds from others when they go out of business. They seen to be focused on Model A and above ('32 and 'newer'), not much for a '23.

Here is the thing that got me interested though. Their T bucket body has an 8" stretch. 2" in the cowl area and 6" behind the door. This would save me a lot of work (and money for bracing, clamps, fiberglassing materials, etc if I had to do my own stretch).
The next 'best' is Spirit with a 5" stretch. RPM has a 10" BUT it's all in the cowl area and it spoils the proportions (and in my opinion stretching the cowl area is ..... not were you need the extra length). So, this 'Street Rods" body sound just about perfect...IF the quality is there.

I'll probably go with the Spirit. I have another month before I can order anything (I'm moving) so still time to research.
I watched some of their utube vids, they look like a nice operation, not a fly by night.

I can vouch for CCR, since that's what my last body was. To put it simply, it is strong! No wood was needed. I'm going with their stretch body. I'm sure Ron's body is good, it's just not the look I'm after. And Spirit has been around a long time with an excellent track record. I think if you stick with someone with a KNOWN rep, you can't lose.

Thanks for all the input guys. I've emailed Scott Rods, waiting reply. I will email Street rods. Can't find anything about Classical Glass. Are they still in business?

I haven't heard of them but I know about Scott's rod Ohio they do good work and American gasser uses thier Willys bodies

www.scottrodscustom.com
Got a relpy from Scott Rods. They no longer do a T Bucket.
Here is the reply....

Hi (Name deleted),
I’m sorry but we have retired the ’23 t-bucket mold. Speedway Motors does sell a kit so you may want to check out their website. Have a nice day!

Got a relpy from Scott Rods. They no longer do a T Bucket.
Here is the reply....

Hi (Name deleted),
I’m sorry but we have retired the ’23 t-bucket mold. Speedway Motors does sell a kit so you may want to check out their website. Have a nice day!

That's a bummer , guess you could always do a 27 I know they still make that :)

In the last few months I've have found a few in Ohio and Indiana

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back