Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Anyone interested in a Chevy 409 with dual quad intake?

Discussion in 'Engines and Drivelines' started by Kevinrevin, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Kevinrevin

Kevinrevin
    Expand Collapse

In my travels for work, I came across a fellow who has three dual quad 409 engines. His 63 Byscane project car didn't happen, so he has no more need for these engines. All are disassembled and clean, but complete.

At $6,000 each, who wants one? Is that price in the ballpark?

2. 409T

409T
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Retired
    I might be interested. The big factor is how far have they already been bored? These engines will only go 60 over before sleeving and sleeves are very tricky. The heads are not 90 degrees to the bore, they are canted at 16 degrees making machine work more difficult. Sleeving requires someone who is experienced and has a wheel barrow to carry away the money it costs to have it done. Secondly are they passenger car engines or truck engines? This is not a major concern, but it is necessary to know. Third, what heads come with them? The 690's were the most desirable, but I have smaller ones on mine and they work fine. Ballpark price for these is all over the place. $6,000 sounds a little steep for an unassmbled engine, but I haven't bought one in a long time.

rbsWELDER likes this.
  3. 409T

409T
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Retired
    Also what year? 62, 63, or 64?

4. Kevinrevin

Kevinrevin
    Expand Collapse

I'll get more details next week, but all are car engines. I believe he said they are all 63.

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us!

SSL Certificate