Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Approaching Suicide Steering Last part

Gerry

Hi
Last part of the steering column was to make a 'gate' for the shifter. I have seen many a rod off across a show field or exhibition hall, even on the road because somone 'accidentally ' knocked the shifter in to gear. Some run without inhibitor switches and boys that a real silly thing to do.

OK. Usual lots of thinking and playing around with mock ups. before you all point it out I am only running PRND. With the power and torque I have 2 and 1 are really not needed so I left them out. Anyway there is always Kickdown.

The pics as always say everything so here they are.
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far

Gerry

shifter-detent1-(11).jpg

detent4-(13).jpg

detent4-(22).jpg

shifter-detent1-(6).jpg

detent3-(5).jpg

detent4-(11).jpg

shifter-detent1-(2).jpg

dentent5-(3).jpg

dentent5-(8).jpg

detent4-(2).jpg

detent6-(19).jpg

shiftergate-(10).jpg

shiftergate-(4).jpg

That should satisfy all the picture junkies out there.

Attachments

• shifter-detent1-(4).jpg
    shifter-detent1-(4).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75
Awesome fab work. :)

Ted i would say he is retired and by the looks of his machine work he is enjoying himself GREAT work.

Ted i would say he is retired and by the looks of his machine work he is enjoying himself GREAT work.

Guys
Thanks to the great work the investment people have done my plan to retire at 50 went up in smoke so I hold down a full time job. The thing is I am not building to a deadline so if it takes 25 hours to make something the only down side is the extra bottles of Merlot it will cost for the sit back and look time.
Gerry

Awesome fab work Gerry This is going to be one awesome bucket. How are the laws over there on a bucket?

Awesome fab work Gerry This is going to be one awesome bucket. How are the laws over there on a bucket?

Hi
Unless you have an old one VERY tuff. Thats why this is a rebuild of my old Bucket I have from the 70s!!! If you get my drift
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back