Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Begging for paint?

Lee_in_KC

In keeping with the traditional style of my T, I'm thinking I need to paint the as-cast, recessed areas of my valve covers and scoop. What do you guys think? If paint, what color? I think they should tie in to the flame job...

fins.jpg

2009_0121%28003%29.JPG

Orange or Yellow for the valve covers and Black for the scoop/air cleaner.The valve covers would blend into the flames and the black would continue the black.

Can you fade them from yellow to the orange starting in the front maybe even to black in the back in the grooves to match the car. Maybe with little flame tip where it turns to black. I am sure a airbrush guy could do that for sure.

What color is the engine? If it is black then I say go with black. With blue and red AN fittings, braided hose, polished fuel lines, natural (or polished) blower, umm tasty. Kind of like basic black with a string of pearls for accent.

My thoughts, John.

This can't be the Lee in KC I know he don't do paint. Lee you were the coolest guy I know in primer spots.
Ann says she don't like flames but she likes yours.

Very tempting but usually when I do extra detail stuff I end up going back to original. I would leave em alone. Keep it simple. Those are very nice flames and I would think any paint added to the car would distract from them. Just a thot.

spooky said:
Very tempting but usually when I do extra detail stuff I end up going back to original. I would leave em alone. Keep it simple. Those are very nice flames and I would think any paint added to the car would distract from them. Just a thot.
Yeah, I've started thinking the same thing. Gonna leave them au natural.

Great looking paint job! I painted my scoop insets with the same body paint. It doesn't distract from the flames, but lengthens the visual of the car. Also because of the billet suspension on my rod, I have stayed away from chrome as much as posible.
By the way! We are firing up the Santos 327 today. It hasn't been fired in more than 22 yrs. Dry fired it shortly yesterday with 35# startup and it quickly jumped to 60#. Since the pipes have never been hot, I forgot and leaned my crotch into one. Dam that hurt!

Lee, have you concidered a full polish on them? Those would be easy tod because there is no lettering. Otherwise i would go with the engine color.

Ron

You could paint the scoop and valve covers solid black.. Then see how well your paint guy could flame the sides just like your bucket..

Might be too much flamage though..

Just Black between the ribs would look good and tradional.. As clean as your t is i think you might go with just the black bewteen the ribs...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back