Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bowtie T's build

Bowtie T

074_zps2ad18956.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
074_zps2ad18956.jpg.html

Ok gonna try posting this first picture

092_zpsca3356c6.jpg
Got the body channeled and set in place, the engine and trans set, then fabbed up my motor mounts. (you like the stainless steel?) Didnt want to buy an engine that i couldn't see run so i found a '71 monte carlo with rebuilt engine and tranny for $500. Keeped the motor, trans, rally wheels,drive shaft,& battery then sold the rusted out body for scrap for $275. Not bad don't you think? By the way, my car is about 70-80% complete but I cant let you see that yet now can I?

094_zps1cc95f71.jpg
For my cross member I used a piece of stainless steel flat bar 3" x 1/2". I will polish it out eventually. I also welded 1/4" plate to the frame so I would have more meat to drill & tap. Oh yeah frame is 2 x 3 x 3/16.

Thanks guys, I'm trying to take my time and do it right. I guess that's why it's taken me 3 years to get this far. I never have worked on it very much in the summer time. Gets warm
down here in Florida. We're usually in or on the water then.

005_zps4cef3235.jpg
Next came the wood railing and seat base. Took a lot of time to
cut and shape each piece of wood. Held in place with liquid nails and clamps then fiberglassed over. seat base was screwed through floor up then fiberglassed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back