Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake lite switch

The Hustler

The two wires from the hydraulic brake light switch pulled out of somewhere and I don't know exactly where. I found one of the wires pulled out of a connector to a wire going to the turn signal lever on the steering column. I believe the other wire (which is black) goes to ground. Could this be right?

Long as I'm on here, my wiring is a real mess, (not my doing) so I'd like to rewire the entire bucket. Is the wiring harness sold by Speedway the way to go? Has anyone used one ?

Thanks y'all.

Have not used the speedway wiring harness but have used others. See if it is color coded and the individual wires are labeled - makes it so much easier. The brake light switch can be wired many ways depending on if you have a separate blub for brakes and turn signals. I would do a search on the web for " Brake light switch wiring ". There are some sights with diagrams - look and see what one looks like yours.

Hey Hustler
WE need alot more info here , can you post a pic of the brake lite switch ?
On mine the white wire goes to the steering column and the black is actually 12v power 15 amp circuit
I am using a Summit proportioning valve with switch -- if you look on their site they show installation instructions
I do use the Speedway type harness
It is made by E-Z WIRE phone # 386-437-1077 Give them a call or google image search ez wire harness lots of good info on them
I got my first one from speedway -- then bought the other 2 from EBAY much better price
I have called EZ several times and they are very helpful
Frank

Thanks for the advice, I ordered the Speedway harness, and I'm going to do it right, unlike the person who built this thing!

The brake switch usually sends power to the brake light bulb the other side of the bulb provides the ground.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back