Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

buick nailhead

c cab

Ive been fixing up my nailhead for tthe project jus wating for the water pump to arrive & still need to find 4 2gc carbs & give the manifold a pollish so heres some photos
001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

That is friggin awesome! I love it when people run engines that are less common. That paint is amazing too. Nice job!

David

Nice Job! Looks great! Are you putting this in a T Bucket? Post the engine specs/ combination.

I am putting a 8-71 Blown 425 in my bucket currently. I have built just about everything for this car. Offset Ground crank for mild stroke. Motor has Isky Solid Roller Cam. Roller Rockers, Double Roller Timing Chain, Good Heads, 8.5 :1 Compression, BDS Blower with 1 : 1 Drive, Custom Intake Manifold, valve covers, valley pan, oil pan, headers and exhaust, and scoop, fabricated by Me. Switch Pitch TH 400 Transmission. M & H Racemasters, 3.89 gears in 9" Ford. Pair 750 Holleys.

I built the frame and suspension, drive shaft, radius rods, frame brackets, front wheels, motor mounts, radiator mounts, gas tank, lines, etc.

T Buckets and Hot Rods with Nailheads are cool! Good luck on your project.

HTWOODS

mines a stocker 59 401 only after market is the inlet manifold as for what its going in you will have to brouse through my posts to find the drawings its Roth inspired, as for your motor damn that looks cool Love the rocker covers got any closer photos of those there something different & thats what we need also can you take a photo of your engine mounts

Tommy Ivo would be proud.....

C-Cab, have you ever ran that chromed dist. cap ? I had one a long time ago ( I got it from Almquist ) and had nothin but trouble with cross fireing and arching. At night in the dark, it looked like a Lightning Storm....
Buicks are Great engines, yes, they are heavy, but they are way KOOOL !! :cool::cool:
Dare to be different !! "BH"

It sure is nice to see an alternative to the SBC. And a sweet looking nailhead is perfect.

C Cab,

I'll have to check out you posts, when I have a little more time. same with the pics of the valve covers and mounts...

The motor mounts were stock buick. I cut the rubber off the plates that mounts to the block, with a sawz-all. I lit the mounts on fire outside, and burned off the remailning rubber. I had some 2 5/8" OD 1/8" wall bends laying around. I welded the bends to the plates and to the frame. I purchased a Speedway Ford Cleveland Motor Mount. I cut off the lower drop part of the mount, and welded it between the mounts on each side of the car. The drop is below the front of the oil pan. It provides side to side strength to the frame, and it protects the pan.

The valve covers are stock steel buick. I used some exhaust tubing and some scrap 16ga. plate to make the shapes, that cover them. The angles are crazy. It took a lot of time to make them, even with a plasma cutter.
They are unique, for sure.

Creativity takes time, but doesn't cost much!

HTWOODS

Baby Huey said:
C-Cab, have you ever ran that chromed dist. cap ? I had one a long time ago ( I got it from Almquist ) and had nothin but trouble with cross fireing and arching. At night in the dark, it looked like a Lightning Storm....
Buicks are Great engines, yes, they are heavy, but they are way KOOOL !! :cool::cool:
Dare to be different !! "BH"
Hay Huey no I havent run it with that dissy, Im keeping it for shows only going to run the good old black one as in the first photo

Man that is cool! Nothin better than a nail head Buick for that old timey look. Have you got some finned aluminum drums too?
Tex-T

c-Cab what transmission are you running. I am looking at connecting a 66 401 nailhead to a 4l60. I am currently using a turbo 400

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back