Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ceramic coating

409T

Staff member
Has anyone tried NitroPlate for coating headers? Opinions or preferences?

Jeff

I am also interested in the Ceramic headers and sidepipes. The quality of the chrome just doesn't hold up to the heat.

I had my lake headers coated in oklahoma city and they are silver powder looking now. Don and his son have sanderson headers and they look good in the pics, their not cheap. Buy the cheap ones burn them up then buy the good ones . I might be down with those jaysters anyway when these burn up.

rooster57 said:
I had my lake headers coated in oklahoma city and they are silver powder looking now. Don and his son have sanderson headers and they look good in the pics, their not cheap. Buy the cheap ones burn them up then buy the good ones . I might be down with those jaysters anyway when these burn up.

I had coated Sanderson Limefires on mine. When I got the exhaust pipes bent and fitted I packed them up and sent them to Jet Hot in Mississippi. They charged me $10 a foot to coat the outside of the pipes. Of course that was 10 years ago so the cost has probably gone way up. I also had them coat my intake manifold and brake pedal.

Steve, you sure look like John Force next to your bucket.

Todd said:
Steve, you sure look like John Force next to your bucket.

It is. The picture was taken at the World of Wheels show in Des Moines in 2000. Force was there signing autographs and after he finished he walked the floor looking at the cars and posing for pictures. I snagged him for that shot.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back