Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Class Glass Bodies

Only $100 more for 3" wider. There's a no brainer.

Yeah, you would probably need to widen the frame. But only 2" max, leave a 1/2" between the edge of the firewall and the outside of the frame. Then taper the frame to the front, it will look cool.

From the website shots it looks real nice. I was wondering about the company and if any on this forum has bought from them and what is the quality like. I like the wider body idea. As for the floor i would do that myself. Looking forward to your feedback.

Ours is a full 9" wider on a 24"Odm/20"Idm box frame, no problems. TH350 is a snug fit, fatter trannies mat be a problem.

Check out the CCR body its molded floor dash firewall with a door. I have one and its sweet.

Check out the CCR body its molded floor dash firewall with a door. I have one and its sweet.

Rooster, your t is awesome. question to you though, I am getting ready to start my first t build and have been looking to purchase the body so I can start my chassis. I was going to go with the 27 t but then I found stretched 23 T's. Okay my questions is is the 23 stretched smooth t worth the price? I'd rather keep to the original body but I want a stretched because of my height (6'). Reson I want to go with ccr is because I live in nor Cal and can pickup and visit my family in so Cal.

Let me throw another nice body company in here these from what I have heard and seen nice pics are really solid.
kns

stretch_body-0004.jpg

ChuchT has one of the KNS bodies on his new build. It's a very nice body especially for those looking for one with a floor in it.

Ron

Mike i love the CCR body and if you are going to drive it the long body with the ccr interior is very comfortable. I think worth every penny. When i set in my car i am not cramped at all (for a T). I was like most guys and got the cart before the horse and built my frame while i was on the search for my body. i met a guy that had a total preformance body very nice car . he invited me over to check it out . When i sat in it my heart sank. In my mind i said this wont work it to darn small. LUCKLY a fella i had met told me to add some length to my frame so i did 9 inches and it was the saving grace for the CCR body. Hope this helps :hiding:

Mike i love the CCR body and if you are going to drive it the long body with the ccr interior is very comfortable. I think worth every penny. When i set in my car i am not cramped at all (for a T). I was like most guys and got the cart before the horse and built my frame while i was on the search for my body. i met a guy that had a total preformance body very nice car . he invited me over to check it out . When i sat in it my heart sank. In my mind i said this wont work it to darn small. LUCKLY a fella i had met told me to add some length to my frame so i did 9 inches and it was the saving grace for the CCR body. Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Rooster, thsnks for the advise I appreciate it. Do you know if ccr makes a original body (not smooth) that's a stretched body. Also what do you think of the class glass body, looks like a nice stretched body at a good price. Thanks for your help.

K&S Customs bodies are a CCR Stretched body clone. It even has the CCR model # in the gelcoat on the back of the body. All they did was use one of CCr's bodies for a mold and added extra glass to thicken it up to make a real strong body. The price is alot better than CCR's. The bed isn't smooth like CCR's just the body. Tfeverfred has a regular body from K&S, you can get sizes from him.

I could have sworn that the K&S body has the door reveal and is not smooth. The K&S body is also widened whereas the CCR smooth body is only stretched.

If I'm correct, then the body isn't a complete pop-off copy but could be a modified version of the CCR stretched and smooth body.

There are no door lines on the drivers side or passenger side of the body but their door has lines that you can sand down to be all smooth .I don't know if they are wider than CCR's bodies.

I just checked, the two guys I know with the K&S stretched and widened body - both have the door reveal and neither are smooth sided like the CCR stretched body.

This Class Glass body looks to also have the door lines and other reveals.

My personal opinion is the door lines look great and keep that original look even when it is lengthened or widened. The Total Anniversary and the CCR stretched smooth sided bodies can look great, but they aren't my (personal) preference.

Based on the fact that the CCR is smooth and the K&S is widened and had the door lines, they are not a CCR stretched body clone. They could be "based" on one, or an improvement on the original... but it isn't a clone.

There once was a company that did a lot of VW fenders and hoods that was called Class Glass. I wonder if it's the same or a different company???

Diane, the owner of CCR called them a "clone" when I asked her about them about 2 years ago. The fact is K&S's 1st bodies were a "pop off clone" of CCR's stretched, the ones now have the door reveals and widening. They are all a modified version of the TRUE origanal of Henry Fords Model T. Just like the Model T most of them have changed the molds and designs over the years. Some bodies were based on the 1915,1923 and 1927 fords.

YOU REALLY DONT WANT A FACTORY MOLDED IN FLOOR IN MY OPINION BECAUSE IT LIMIT YOU TO A SPECIFIC BODY MOUNTING WAY. PART OF BUILDING A T-BUCKET IS PERSONALIZEING IT. AND THE BEST LOOKING T'S IMO have a rake built into the car. down in the front and higher in the rear. its easy once body is posistioned correctly to cut a piece of 5/8" plywood and glass it in. same with building a seat base. i personally like to take 1/4" plywood and completely do the sides and back ofbody inside to make the body reienforced. this keeps stress cracks from comming in the body.

My bucket has a molded in floor and I can assure you that ol' Kletus is entirely personalized.

The rake you describe can be attained by changing the front axle to have more drop, changing the mounts on the rear end, changing tires and rims, even making the frame without any kickup will result in frame rake.

None of that has anything to do with whether or not the floor is already glassed in.

I personally don't care for the way K&S molds in a 45° kick in the rear of their body. It is intended to mount perfectly on a CCR style chassis I guess. I like a steeper kick (60° like on my Spirit chassis). Other than that little thing, I think the body is very well made and possibly the nicest of the stretched and widened bodies out there. I'd probably get it with the floor and modify for my frame.

This of course is MY opinion and is not intended to say that anyone else's opinion is not correct.

MOST radical T"S HAVE RAKE IN THE FRAME,SUSPENSION, TIRES ETC AND BODY HAS A RAKE DIFFERENT TO CHASSIS. HARD TO EXPLAIN...... THE BACK OF T BODY IS SET TO MIMIMUM LEAN BACK POSITION FOR DRIVER COMFORT.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back