Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cleaning the white walls

fordsbyjay

I am not sure if this is the right section or not as I could not find any tire related section.

I cleaned the white walls on my 23 this morning using a product called "Spray Nine". I can't believe how well it worked and just wanted to pass it along. Spray on, scrub a bit with a green scrub pad and rinse. They look brand new and it took less than 5 minutes.

I'll have to try that. All of my cars have wide whites and I have used Wesleys Tire White, and SOS pads, but I think they might be a little harsh on the white part. I tried a scrub brush one time and will never do that again, it scratched the white part a lot. We used to sell Spray Nine when I worked for West Marine and a lot of cleaning people would buy it there because it was so good.

Thanks for the tip.

Don

The introduction of 409 spray cleaner back in the late 60's happen to coinside with my last whitewalls. Only a thin stripe of whitewall back then but I do remember how well the 409 worked. If the formulae is still as strong now as back then, you will be surprised how well it works. Just my .02 worth.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back