Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Comp Cams FAST Ez-EFI *SOLD*

swatman260

I have a barely used FAST Ez EFI kit for sale. This kit includes everything you would need to swap your carburated engine over to modern, self-learning, fuel injection. The throttle body will fit any 4150 style intake and still retains the classic look of a carburated engine, with the fuel economy and performance of fuel injection. This kit was briefly installed on my vehicle and was only driven about 600 miles.

New, this kit sells for over $2500. If you have read my previous threads, you may have noticed that I had some problems with this setup.. which were all related to my installation. Unfortunately, the way my wiring was run really didn't allow me to install this kit the way it needed to be installed, and as a result, I had electrical interference issues. To verify this, when I removed the EFI from my bucket, I sent the entire setup back to Comp Cams for testing. All parts have been tested by the factory and have been confirmed to be in perfect working condition. It is all As-New from the factory.

Included is the throttle body, handheld control module, wide-band O2, in tank fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and all wiring harnesses. Everything you would need except a few plumbing fittings. All original manuals will be included.
This is a great chance to get the top rated fuel injection system for a huge discount. Please call if you have any questions @ 850-528-6150.

If you contact me directly, I will be glad to send photos to verify the condition of the kit.

I use this EFI and it is really nice. Tune the motor with the handheld. Easy install. Like most EFI it is touchy about electrical noise, but that is not hard to fix.

I use this EFI and it is really nice. Tune the motor with the handheld. Easy install. Like most EFI it is touchy about electrical noise, but that is not hard to fix.
I have two older versions of "projection", one has a chip that has pre programmed peramiters, and one has a module with pods to adjust. They both work good, but I like the idea of live feedback and adjustability. I'm not going that route on the T at this time. Other than electronic ignition, it's old school.
"Potvin Guy", it wouldn't be a bad read if you elaborated a bit about your experience with shielding, etc to eliminate the electrical noise that you spoke about for guys who are thinking about running a similar setup.

Jeez, I could write a book on electric noise. First keep sensitive wiring (EFI) away from other wiring, especially ignition boxes, coils, spark wires. Don't bundle EFI wiring with other wires. FAST says to run the EFI power wires straight to the battery, and, unless you are a daredevil like me, that is a good idea. DO NOT use the frame for any EFI ground. I don't use the frame at all for grounding. The tach wire from the ignition to the EFI is really touchy. The EFI likes a nice clean square wave without noise. The FAST EFI won't even work with an HEI because that tach signal is so dirty (you can clean it up with filtering but it's not easy). Get some ferrite cores at Radio Shack (RadioShack Snap Choke Core) and slip them on the EFI power and tach leads. Put a small capacitor (.01-.001 mfd) right at the EFI unit between the positive and negative power wires. You can use shielded wires, but only connect the shield at one end to ground. You can make your own "shields" by wrapping wiring in aluminum foil. The long cable from the EFI box to the handheld can be shortened to minimize noise pickup. The new handheld (with the color screen) has a power wire that should be connected to the EFI power wire right at the unit.

That's basics, and I know that much of it is pretty techy. I'll be glad to help anyone with a problem. I can draw wiring diagrams, suggest mounting options, etc. This is my electrical panel (OK, I tend to over engineer things):
_se6xKUnxmSMJl2pP3OlAwZ0GqWW2NLhx7DXkY1U12hc1i-y0ZO7q6Y9P50QEl1SPiKsAP5TTZKfr9ddJmmsWFQ_CjJdXx2kHMe8l39ug_fzr9rVBf8F2455Y4ng02iJU0UqoyWtA1th53rdyKAQxWQuEOE3MTpE79cbQU6ZOqo2Zkn4z51xm4tf9wXUyoZL9_c2eQlPKoAqKoM4Sx0c6khv0cwXdls5X-X_EVSoczsr-DEMOaSlv91kz4mlPfR1hYwB_V-GnRDClE_QsMCOM1vsTzmVqmEOsKKC59nz0HP-EPsjF-GiLXv6rnztxr-vaY8Z0QePIq2L4viFAQyNc7q2pVmxk5RFzEKdHnQnoE9v37gSKEtswWyJhkQoo2ON-d35n89liZTGbOBHp9eC7-TQKEcKVK4x41xIv79ru6q_6_ELaQi9A3UbGMVzaCTOjXkL2ev86ZJLFCOnyWPjxpnG3bj0ULG5lNC3l3pJVi7nXnnALe0Rp7QuKWNNNooxmJEWqDUs_5dQxW9NHSFsytJhJvbIfeWP7z8OFB8EP3T9qveTfGFtrsVTyGEyL_gOE1ya=w827-h621-no

..and I've debugged many other rod electric systems. I've built all my own cars electrical systems from scratch and made all the mistakes.

I used to service hospital electronics in various machines. When they began the transistion from analog to digital radiography, we had a ball with similar issues. X Ray machines and CRT, MRI machines are a wiring jungle. We used shielded everything, seperate dedicated power feeds, conditioners, etc... Even the lights would cause issues.

Yes, things are messy these days. The air is full of EMI/RFI and many devices are not ready to handle it. It's a particular frustration with SEMA stuff. The manufacturers should design their products to perform in the electrically noise environment of a car, but most don't bother, so the user has to dance around and try various fixes. And some things, like HEIs, generate mega noise. Again, bad design. The design fixes are simple and cheap, but I've had no luck getting anyone to implement them.

Fletch, I used to build systems with computers. Built an air traffic control system that would reboot frequently; not acceptable! We pored over the code, tried all kinds of goofy stuff. Then one day I was loafing in the machine room, the window air conditioner came on and the system rebooted! A million dollar project held up by a two-bit Sears air conditioner.

Yes, things are messy these days. The air is full of EMI/RFI and many devices are not ready to handle it. It's a particular frustration with SEMA stuff. The manufacturers should design their products to perform in the electrically noise environment of a car, but most don't bother, so the user has to dance around and try various fixes. And some things, like HEIs, generate mega noise. Again, bad design. The design fixes are simple and cheap, but I've had no luck getting anyone to implement them.

Fletch, I used to build systems with computers. Built an air traffic control system that would reboot frequently; not acceptable! We pored over the code, tried all kinds of goofy stuff. Then one day I was loafing in the machine room, the window air conditioner came on and the system rebooted! A million dollar project held up by a two-bit Sears air conditioner.

Stuff happens!!! But if you think about it, sometimes something as simple as a noise/RFI filter like the ones used for telephones/radios will USUALLY fix the problems, or you could use shielding cable covers/wraps. I'm not big into electronic stuff, but know what's needed if I do some of it on computers/cars with ECMs or what ever.

SEMA has no desire to help the average guy do anything. They're like the Govm't., they don't want you working on your own car. If they didn't, they would have it all figured out and sell to any one that could follow directions. JMHO

Funny story, there was this x Ray motorized film viewer that held thousands of films, it took up an entire room. The hospital had spent big bucks on it, it was the bees knees, and they were committed to it as their primary viewer. It kept failing. They had their bio med engineers on it, the manufacture, a third party service vender. Then they asked if I would look at it as a favor to the hospital administer that I had a friendship with. Turns out, after running this thing through many cycles, after every electronic and micro processor had been replaced, to be static discharge. I made a very crudely hastily constructed ground gizmo, and cured it. When discussing it with the manufacture, they had their chief engineer call me for details. It solved a long standing intermittent issue. People seem to overlook the most basic causes, especially very smart people looking for gremlins.

Stuff happens!!! But if you think about it, sometimes something as simple as a noise/RFI filter like the ones used for telephones/radios will USUALLY fix the problems, or you could use shielding cable covers/wraps. I'm not big into electronic stuff, but know what's needed if I do some of it on computers/cars with ECMs or what ever.

SEMA has no desire to help the average guy do anything. They're like the Govm't., they don't want you working on your own car. If they didn't, they would have it all figured out and sell to any one that could follow directions. JMHO
The problem with everything, in my opinion, is that everything is done for money, not the proposed purpose, and if it lasts, the income stream ends. That's why everything is built to fail and why we never seem to cure anything...planned obsolescence and life long meds and treatment ensures income.

The problem with everything, in my opinion, is that everything is done for money, not the proposed purpose, and if it lasts, the income stream ends. That's why everything is built to fail and why we never seem to cure anything...planned obsolescence and life long meds and treatment ensures income.

No such thing as DURABLE GOODS anymore. Everything is disposable. The price WE pay for cheaper[cost wise] goods and the ability of what can be repaired at a reasonable cost.

Have you tried to get your refrigerator repaired lately??$$$$$$$$$$$

No such thing as DURABLE GOODS anymore. Everything is disposable. The price WE pay for cheaper[cost wise] goods and the ability of what can be repaired at a reasonable cost.

Have you tried to get your refrigerator repaired lately??$$$$$$$$$$$
They are junk, like the new washer and dryers. I owned some rentals. I made the mistake of replacing appliances to update them, the new ones have mostly been replaced again. I don't buy new ones anymore, I shop craigslist for nice older used ones. They last longer and I can order parts for them if needed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back