Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

connector recommendations

PotvinGuy

Staff member
I'm going to rewire my bucket. What are some neat connectors to use? I've used trailer connectors and multi-pin mil-type ones. Would like something that snaps together or otherwise locks, and can be had with different numbers of wires, gauges 16-20, and, most of all, is easy to terminate. Those mil-types were a nightmare.

What about the big 7 pin trailer connector. They are big and bulky but they stay together. Maybe use 2 of them one in the back under the seat for the rear of the car and one under the dash for the engine stuff. All the wires connect with little screws inside.

Weather pack is what I've used. I used them to install a megasquirt efi system on the mustang I used to own. I like them. Weatherpack also has a 22 pin bulkhead connector that makes it easy to carry a bunch of circuits through the firewall cleanly.I also used sxl wire for it's heat and scratch resistance.

Weatherpack is the way to go all of the connectors snap in place and yes you willwant the removal tool also it does make things alot easier when you screw up like I did

any time I need a connector, I just walk around the junk yard looking under hoods until I find one I like with the correct number of connections. Then all you have to do is snip it off and drop it in your pocket(or pay $1 each half)

any time I need a connector, I just walk around the junk yard looking under hoods until I find one I like with the correct number of connections. Then all you have to do is snip it off and drop it in your pocket(or pay $1 each half)

Glad you don't come to the yards I frequent...dave

I was at one of those help your self salvage yards sometime ago and had a bunch of those small parts, and the guy at the counter told me to just put them in my pocket and don't worry about it.

Weatherpack... They are used buy most large truck manufactures, so over the years I've collected more then a few :) They are also offered in kits buy several companies, most of these kits will have every thing you could need to wire a bucket for about $70 But get a few extra pins, because you will crimp the wrong end on the right wire, or the other way around. Add a little dielectric grease and you should never have any problems with them. And as someone said the 22 pin plug id great for firewalls.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back