Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Coolers?

just the air flow...

Looks like a neat set-up. If you put a little rock guard on it with baffles it would also work on putting air up through it. Is cooling the tranny really this big of problem? I am totally confused now. Heat it, Cool it, Keep it the same temp? 180 / 200.:sad::cool:

Hey kids mine looks like tracks and it works good no fan just an air catcher. I would avoid the coolers that the fluid goes in one end and out the other. If i was buying one of those i would purchase the one with both in and out ports on the same end . So the fluid can circulate through it .If the fluid just flows through one of the short ones their isnt time to lower the temp because the fluid doesnt stay in it long enough to do any good. JMO
Tim

rooster57 said:
Hey kids mine looks like tracks and it works good no fan just an air catcher. I would avoid the coolers that the fluid goes in one end and out the other. If i was buying one of those i would purchase the one with both in and out ports on the same end . So the fluid can circulate through it .If the fluid just flows through one of the short ones their isnt time to lower the temp because the fluid doesnt stay in it long enough to do any good. JMO
Tim

Yep.....its gotta be in there long enough to cool.................when we're racin'.....the all out mountain motors don't have the waterjackets............just like someone tried to burn us down the other day at the tree.....didn't stage till the last second.......our driver had to backpedal bigtime cause we had too much heat in the motor......we still got the moron.....:cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back