Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters                Spirit Industries                Southern Legacy Freight!               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Cooling fan relay

Discussion in 'Electrics' started by Spanky, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Spanky

Spanky
    Expand Collapse

I am a dunce with electrical stuff, so please bear with me. Due to a faulty thermo switch for my electric cooling fan, I have bypassed the thermo switch by simply running the connecting wire to ground. This means the fan runs whenever the ignition is switched on. Fine for Summer, but not so good in Winter. I want to install a manual switch between the connecting wire and ground, but was wondering about using a relay. The fan circuit already has a relay, so my question is, do I need another relay for this ‘grounding’ switch, or does the fan circuit relay take care of it?

2. Indycars

Indycars
    Expand Collapse

Instead of running the thermo switch direct to ground, run it too your switch and then to ground. That should use your fan relay to supply power to the fan and your switch will only carry a small amount of current.

3. AusBucket

AusBucket
    Expand Collapse

Photocopier Tech-Retired
    What he said.

4. dwsatt21

dwsatt21
    Expand Collapse

Spanky. I’m probably in the same category as you when it comes to electrical. I draw my schematics out on paper and it seems to help me understand them a lot better.

Spanky likes this.
  5. AusBucket

AusBucket
    Expand Collapse

Photocopier Tech-Retired
    G'Day Spanky,
    You will find cooling fan suppliers post schematics on their websites for fan wiring, one of which will show the bypass Sw you are looking to fit.
    Regards,

Spanky likes this.

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! White Rose Technology Ting Mobile Buy VPN

SSL Certificate