Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

COVID 19 concerns

I am used to shooting pool every week day for 5 hours minimum. Pool hall has been closed for a month now, and don't look to reopen for at least another month. Lucky that I have a full size table at home to keep me in practice. I spent at least one hour a day on concentrated practice. It has improved my shots greatly until the margarita bell rings. My margarita machine has run constantly since the 16th of March. I finally got to see my new grand daughter today for the first time. Sunny was born on the 2nd of April. We all stayed in my sons garage with the door open and kept our 6 foot distance.
How have the rest of you been keeping busy in this isolation period?

Puttering with my T . . . moved the coil from engine mount, next to the distributor, and mounted it on the firewall. Did another "nut check" and found a missing bolt on my grill shell mount. Doing more reading. Checking with friends on the phone and e-mail. Doing yard work, . . . etc. etc. etc:geek:

I actually drove over to a friend's house over the weekend so he could see my T. Kept our social distance of course, but that was fun. Did a nice burnout in front of his house when I left.:D

Last edited:
Fixing gas leaks in my tanks! JB Weld #2110 is a great kit for fixing leaks. However, I plug one leak and two more show up.

I wish that I lived closer to Okie Street Rods. Tim tells me that he has incorporated several improvements in his newest tanks.

Unfortunately I have two tanks each measuring 32.5x8.25x8.25. I am sure that the freight to OK, and back, would take away all my play money for months!

Looks great! Please show us the actual hook for the jack stands.

Stuff is selling like hot cakes on market place! Time to clean out the barn.... Don’t worry guys, the “pandemic” will be over after the election or after they persuade everyone to accept their ID/vaccine... count me OUT.

I've been working on m T. Went through all the electrical for the fuel pump and the fuel lines. I found nothing wrong. Put everything back together then had trouble with my vacuum pump. The switch wouldn't kick in, bad ground. Then my timing chain cover seal was leaking again. I put a sleeve on the balancer the last time but that only worked for awhile. Ordered new balancer, pulled seal and found a big gouge in the cover. ordered new cover, gaskets and seal. Waiting for parts. Spent free time setting up generator interlock for when I lose power. A year ago the power went out in the winter, that's when I knew I better come up with something more perminent.

"trouble with my vacuum pump"

Just curious, what do you need a vacuum pump for? It sounds like you'll be all ready for cruising season! Way to go.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back