Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cutting thick metal (3/8 and up) ?

Every single piece on my T so far has been cut with 3" wheels and an air powered die grinder. No joke. Took me like 4 hours last night to make 2 batwings. :(

now there's aman with a mission!!!!!!!!!!!!

been there done that too!!

Ron

I got this saw and a couple blades from this page; they seemed to work fairly well on the few trial pieces I cut on some scrap framing. I don't remember which blade I bought, but it was variable tooth and not $93.

Hope this helps.

I agee with everyone else on here. I have built 28 T buckets since 1979. If I had it over to do again, I wouldve built just 1 car. And I would get Ronny from RPM to cut my parts out for me.
Much cheaper and less headache in the long run. No welders to buy, no fuss no muss. Done. Finished. I like that. Mikey

Progress!!

brackets%20005.jpg

Grind, grind, grind, and them grind some more.

But they are coming along!

before i bought a pattern flame cutter, i made a bushing to fit around the cutting torch tip, then made a pattern of the part i was going to make. the pattern has to be smaller than what you want to make, because of the thickness of the bushing. it worked a lot easier than all that grinder cutting. if you are good with a torch, there is not a lot of grinding for clean up either.

I like my Milwaukee portable band saw. I use it a lot. My plasma blew $100 tip stuff when the air line had water in It. I had an automatic tank drain but it didn't do the job. Now I have a motor guard system and the clear plastic water seperator. I started 50 years ago with an arc welder to burn and weld, an elect drill , and a grinder.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back