Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Danny Eichstedt T-Bucket

Rick,
I'm at work and I will try to get something this week end.
There are some that would be good and othere that are just old pictures.
Dan

welcome to the site dan ... pleasure to have you here.

Ron

Youngster said:
welcome to the site dan ... pleasure to have you here.

Ron

Thank You its fun to see some of the things all of YOU are looking and talking about. There was something on one page about corvair t-buckets..
The one they have pictures of was Don Kindell's a member of the Early Time also.
I have been out of this for to long.
Dan

Welcome Danny: We've got a lot of neat people on here and the buckets are coming out everywhere.

We don't see a lot of "T" Bucket's around here much any more. But come father's and the L.A.
Roadsters meet at Pomona. They seem to come out of the wood work.
There are great memories driving my "T" to the Nat's in Memphis and almost all the way home.:eek:..a little trouble in Beaver Utah..But never put in writing what could come back and get you. I'm sure some of You know what I'm talking about.

Welcome Dan, feels like kids around a campfire and the Great hunters telling stories of great adventure. Thanks for sharing and we will include you in our prayers for good health.

Wow Danny Eichstedt hisself! How cools that?

Welcome from me. :rofl:

I am looking at an old bucket chassis (set up for big block chev & glide) I have sitting around that I thought might be ideal to build a car similar to your one. Would have to do some changes at the rear, but I thought the later version with the Jag bum could be a bit of me.

Is the body a modified 1923 or is is a 1915 type? I have a spare tupperware 23 one sitting around & figured my fibreglass mate could cut it up till it looks like your one

Cheers,
Hot Rod Todd
New Zealand

Welcome aboard Danny. This site just gets better all the time. No offence Old Fart, but it's just nice to see all the old farts joining this site. You know what I mean Youngster? I'm 66, so I also belong to this group.

thomas:)

Hot Rod Todd said:

Welcome from me. :D

I am looking at an old bucket chassis (set up for big block chev & glide) I have sitting around that I thought might be ideal to build a car similar to your one. Would have to do some changes at the rear, but I thought the later version with the Jag bum could be a bit of me.

Is the body a modified 1923 or is is a 1915 type? I have a spare tupperware 23 one sitting around & figured my fibreglass mate could cut it up till it looks like your one

Cheers,
Hot Rod Todd
New Zealand

H.R.Tobb,
I am running out the door but the legshow was a 1915. By Tex Smith
all it takes, to cut one down is ball's I was lucky to have friends around if I F#&*ed up...Have fun there is nothing like almost finishing...like someone on this site said they are never done. Looking back i changed the car more times then i can remember.But pictures help to remember.
Good luck and get started...

dan eichstedt said:
Thank all of YOU for the kind words.
Ted Brown let me know about this site.
Yes, I am still kicking...and tring to kick the S$%T out of cancer.
For though of you that want to know...I'm tring to finish a 57 T-Bird.
And all of YOU can guess it's not stock. Ted put a new front end under it for me some years back. It's now painted and I'm getting back to it.
Thank all of YOU again..
Dan Eichstedt

Real glad ya made it here... You'll be in our thoughts for a positive outcome in your fight...

Hot Rod Todd said:

Welcome from me. :D

Cheers,
Hot Rod Todd
New Zealand

Hello Todd,
You may want to look up a guy Geoff Mitford-Taylor "GMT"
He is in your area and a great guy.
He was up here and did some work on my 57 T-Bird.
The guy knows his stuff and like I said he is a great person.
Keep dreaming hot rods....the rest will come.
Danny

Hello older old fart :razz:
Thank you, its been a short ride but fun to talk to all of you guys, and I hope a Lady rodder or two.
Danny

Welcome Danny, I'd like to take a trip through you photo album. Use the lounge to tell us some stories of builds and cruising from back in the day. Good Luck with the battle.

Welcome to the group ..
Ditto on the past builds and cruise's

I'm still tring to get the hang of this site, I have sent a couple reply's and I'm not sure where they went. :eek:
Yes, at Your age :D You do have me by 3 or 4 years. I just started at a early age. I don't drive down any street anywhere that i don't see some kind of Hot Rod. And i always enjoy looking. Rat Rods are not my thing but I have to think back and there where a lot of people that though what i did to a car was sick. There use to be old timer in the "T" clubs, in Long Beach and they would noy sell thing to us if they though we where going to use them on a "HOT ROD". Ask Ted Brown what he went through with some of them. But that was back in the 60's
Great site and fun people.
Dan

dan eichstedt said:
...I'm still tring to get the hang of this site, I have sent a couple reply's and I'm not sure where they went. :eek:
Dan

That's happend to me so many times, but think the culprit is I hit "preview post" instead of "Submit Reply" which can apprear like a post, then I hit "New Posts" option on the top bar to go to next new post thinking my post was up and it's not...

Welcome to the site, Dan! Your "Leg Show" was an inspiration for me all those many years ago. Man, all we need now on here is Dan Woods! Dan- are you out there? Check out the latest Rodders Journal for a great retrospective on Woods. As for Mr. Eichstedt, healing vibes are on their way from Portland, Or.

As for Dan Woods i see or talk to him all the time.
He lives in No. Cal and my wife and i go up there a lot.
Don Kindell is also in the same area.
As most of you already know Dan is in Rod and Custom this mo. and
the ice truck milk truck and butcher are all going to be in Rodders
He is always talking about another car...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back