Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Danny Eichstedt T-Bucket

dan...the next time you are trippin up that way would you extend an invitation to Mr. Woods to stop by here and say hello?? it would be great to have him here also.

Ron

OK what I'll do first is send him the site and see what he does. He is out of state (this one) at this time so I may see him in April. He works a lot 6 days a week and no its not car's.

OK as for posting some pictures,I'm having some sides put on a disk so I can put them up. I hope to get it done before the 16th of April.
Most of my photos are slides and as for looking through my photo album wish you where in the area. A lot where use in the Rodders Journal about the Early Times. You have to remember there where a lot of club runs back then so its kind of hard picking through 100's of slides.

I did the story on the Early Times for The Rodder's Journal and Danny was a HUGE help! His slides are AWESOME! So many people love & Remember the Leg Show. It's a true icon. Dan has some amazing tales about I'm not sure I can tell in public- let him decide. ;)
But one about the car and a van is super interesting.
The question earlier about why the Early Times were so innovative is one that has many facets. The thing was they were close to where the magazines were that needed material- and they were doing things different than most people. Their style evolved with a very talented group of young guys who many would become famous in the hot rod world. A great group who have inspired me my entire life. Thanks Jim

Well look who's here!!!! hi Jim ...welcome to the site. hope to see more of you here. your input will be more than welcomed. don't be a stranger.

i remember seeing the spreads on the cars from the early times. you always knew you had some studding to do when they appeared in the mags. i so wish i could have rubbed elbows with some of those guys.

Ron

Dan was kind enough to scan some pictures and send them to me of Legshow. He was not having any luck posting the pictures so I offered to do it for him. Thanks Dan.
Eichstedt_024.jpg

Eichstedt_012.jpg

Eichstedt_029.jpg

Eichstedt_023.jpg

That is one of the all time neeeeeto T's! Danny, what rear is that and how did you center it?
Again, one of the greats

Thank You,Jmr
Would You ever think a 1950 Oldsmobile ;) but You need to remember that I was in high school when I started that.
Enjoy the ride.
Dan

that Tex Smith 15 body is DEFINENTLY different than what the CCR 15 body I have is. The sides are alot lower and the back is WAY higher than mine which is higher than all 23 bodies.

That is WAY COOL.

Hi, blownt and chaz
It's always fun to see you guys looking at the old cars too !
I would like to see your ccr body so i can see what your talking about.
There is a lot of cutting and adding to the legshow body.

Enjoy the ride.
Dan

Danny is a good friend of mine, and if I remember right, that was probably as big a street type tire He could find at the time..

Danny is a good friend of mine, and if I remember right, that was probably as big a street type tire He could find at the time..

Hi Ted
I wonder if its possible to ask Danny if there is a chance of comminicating with me. I am a new member and just posted some pics of my Fad T in the albums section. If you take a look you will see why I would like to get in touch with Danny. By the way are the the T brown with a big topped T featured on the front cover of R&C on a rose covered Hiway?
Gerry

Bill,
Thank You for the help. Help hell you did all the work
<

I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures.
Dan

Hi.

Bet you get a lot pf people who want to talk to you. If you go to the albums and look for FadT Approaching Suicide I hope you will see why I would like to ask you some things about the ORIGINAL Legshop.
I dont want to impinge on your privacy or take up too much of your time.
Regards
Gerry

PS Im in the UK and the T is my lifes work

Gerry UK
Here is a scan of part of an article in a defunct magazine 1001 Rod & Custom Ideas from back in August of 1975. Thought it might interest you.

DanWoodsRearEnd.jpg

Looks like you have the original parts or somebody was paying real close attention.

Forgot to mention that the article was about Dan woods and Contemporary Carriage Works

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back