Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dead Laptop(HELP)

RocknT

Ok I know some of you guy's are pretty good with PC's so here is my question
I have/had a Dell XPS 1710 and the Video card went belly up ! I have talked to Dell and they want a fortune to fix it, So my question is ..is there anyplace I can get a replacement card other than from Dell.
:)

you can buy parts on ebay or do a google search for laptop parts , I use both ,I just ordered a new keyboard for my Dell laptop 19.99 on ebay. If you know what kind of video card you have.

Laptops can be tricky when it comes to replacing some types of hardware.

But, if the video card is removable, keep your eye's on the lookout at Ebay. I just looked and found none, but Ebay's a good place to get one for less money than Dell I'm sure. I just typed in "Dell XPS 1710" in the search string. Took a look at all the listings and none at the moment are for a video card.

There are some laptop repair companies out on the net as well, but I'm not familiar enough to recommend anyone.

Hope that helped.

David

Thanks ,,
I am currently surfing the net in hope's of finding one ,,I found a huge thread on the XPS and it sounds like a very large number of XPS's are going out after only a year and now they dont make the card anymore ..I hope I dont wind up with a very expensive paper weight ,,

tigerdirect is good, you could also try newegg.com... All our laptops our under warranty so we havent had to buy one... I am going to lunch, if your still searching when I get back, Ill look around

What about Alienware.com or Fry's? They may have what you're looking for.

RocknT said:
Ok I know some of you guy's are pretty good with PC's so here is my question
I have/had a Dell XPS 1710 and the Video card went belly up ! I have talked to Dell and they want a fortune to fix it, So my question is ..is there anyplace I can get a replacement card other than from Dell.
:smashpc:

You might want to call Dell back and ask them what video cards will be compatible... This one should work and its about half the cost from what dell wants at $299.00... Dell XPS M1730 Video Card GeForce 8700M GT 512MB ... Most of the cards should fit it find one cheap enough... Hope this helps

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back