Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted Enclosed Car Trailer

I also am looking for an enclosed trailer, Why are the trailers in Calif. 2 to 3 times the price back east ? Cheapest I can find is around $8 k. and go up from there, If you get heavy axles and 10 ply tires you are looking at 10 K

Extended Tongue (I missed this above, because I do not have one. However this make backing up easier and if you jackknife, the rear corner of your truck does not pierce the trailer.
One mans extended tongue is another mans standard tongue. :) How long would you call an extended tongue?

I added a very small courtesy LED light, on the exterior of the trailer, wired to the overhead lights. I had a terrible habit of leaving the interior lights on. Now when I lock the trailer, I can see if the interior lights are on.
That's a great idea!

I also ran a wire from the truck to the trailer to charge the deep discharge (Marine) battery, that I use to power the 12 volt stuff, while I am driving.
So your vehicle charges the trailer battery? Guess you have never had a problem with the vehicle alternator?

Thanks again for the great details !

Plugs into house receptacle or camp ground or generator.
Notice 120o volt outlet high near rear door.
That will be on my list of must have is a way to get 120v AC power to the inside thru the side of the trailer.

Looks like you spent a fair amount of time installing mounts for all your equipment.

Some trailers and truck boxes have translucent fiberglass tops that allow light in. I don’t know if it is better or worse from a strength or water penetration perspective, .....
Thanks for sharing fletcherson !

I also am looking for an enclosed trailer, Why are the trailers in Calif. 2 to 3 times the price back east ? Cheapest I can find is around $8 k. and go up from there, If you get heavy axles and 10 ply tires you are looking at 10 K

Have a friend pick up the trailer you buy on line and meet you in the middle when you both might be going to opposite directions.
Trailers higher in Cali. and can buy an LS engine for $150.00 but here in the East you'll pay dearly.

Where there is a will there is a way!!:D

That will be on my list of must have is a way to get 120v AC power to the inside thru the side of the trailer.
Looks like you spent a fair amount of time installing mounts for all your equipment.

30 minutes working and 1 hour resting got it done in 3 days when it was so humid and hot.
Add extra inside 12 volt lights also. Mark added rear lights out side for when backing in the dark into his driveway.
The power center I have came from Camping World it is a 35 amp unit with the battery charger built in so when ever the trailer is plugged in, (house/gen/rv park) the battery will charge. My truck charges the battery for the brake safety break away kit. A MUST HAVE if you buy a used trailer . It may have been removed!!
Most was cheap (e-track was $11.00 for 10 foot section and is now $28.00) but the accessory baskets and holders/tie downs weren't. Now need to remove all and put in insulation before the AC and bath room.

The power center I have came from Camping World it is a 35 amp unit with the battery charger built in so when ever the trailer is plugged in, (house/gen/rv park) the battery will charge.
Oww, that's nice!

Base trailer $xxx, with required accessories $xxxxx ! :rolleyes:

This is a great thread with a bunch of great ideas. I have a plain jane trailer with no frills BUT now it looks like a blank canvas, ready for some MODS.

Trailers are cheap like women. Once you get it/them maintenance and upgrades and keepin' 'em happy cost like hell!!!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Good thread with lots of experiences and suggestions.

My trailer is 16' Haulmark, HD w/ 6" box frame and 16" upright spacing, tandem 3500# axles, electric brakes on both axles, radial tires with approx 5000 mi.
Trailer weight = 3178#, bucket approx 2100# so 1000# additional capacity.
Configuration is V-nose, interior rectangle = 15'4" long, additional 23" to V front.
My 23T is approx 11'6" long, front edge of front tire to rear edge of rear tire.
Interior width = 96", rear door opening width = 90.5", distance between wheel boxes = 83"
Rear 44" of floor is angled downward, ramp door 75", wheel beaver tails = 24'' so 143" total.

Outside rear tire width on my 23T is 81.25 so will fit between boxes but I don't put the car that far forward.
Distance from rear of wheel boxes to rear door is 32.5" so 31.0" tall tire fits well and leaves remaining floor space in front of car.

Trailer drives and pulls well with adequate tongue weight when bucket loaded so I do not utilize weight bearing bar type hitch.

Other features include enclosed front cabinets, red top battery, 3500# winch, external power plug in receptacle, box w/ 15 amp breaker and outlet.

This trailer has worked really well for me but I'm considering going to 20' as I now have a small trailer, to be pulled behind the bucket.

$6200 if anyone interested.

Front - right side.jpg Rear - right side.jpg

Last edited:
This trailer has worked really well for me but I'm considering going to 20' as I now have a small trailer, to be pulled behind the bucket.

$6200 if anyone interested.
Wish you lived closer to me, would like to look at it. But 14 hours is a bit too far.

Maybe not a must have-- but is the ONLY free advertising I will do. Thanx to Cris and friends who installed for me!!
IMG_1136.jpg

Notice no name on trailer?? Didn't want It!!!

I'm proud of my TBucket, but not sure I want to advertise what's inside the trailer. Don't
remember who, but at one of the NTBA events I saw the rear door was painted like it
would look with their TBucket inside the trailer. It sure looked nice, but it also tells
everyone what's inside.

What do you all think about the sides and top being screwed? Does anyone
have trouble with the screws leaking?

Any thoughts on colors, would you buy the same color again?

My 44’ gooseneck was red to match my crew cab dually. Don’t know if it’s any hotter than white but it looked cool.

I'm proud of my TBucket, but not sure I want to advertise what's inside the trailer. Don't
remember who, but at one of the NTBA events I saw the rear door was painted like it
would look with their TBucket inside the trailer. It sure looked nice, but it also tells
everyone what's inside.
I would think making it look different would help deter theft and help with recovery if it happened... gps tracker is a must.

Mine is white, which I thought would keep the contents cooler. I discussed putting things on the outside of the trailer, when I bought it. My dealer and my insurance man were both vehemently against that idea, so mine is just white.

I have never had a screw leak!

Pictures delayed due to heavy rain.

White and no lettering...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back