Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Ford Axle Specs.

Discussion in 'T-Bucket Suspension Articles' started by Youngster, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Youngster

Youngster
    Expand Collapse
    VIP
    VIP Member

Here is a chart for Ford axels from 1928 to 1948.

Some other measurements;

1.) I beam ( center section ) - 1-3/4" wide, 2" tall

2.) King pin boss - approx. 2-3/8"

2. RexRod

RexRod
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Ron!!!

Just what I needed.

Take care,

David

3. Ted Brown

Ted Brown
    Expand Collapse

Ted Brown Chassis/CCR/ Retired
    Another measurement you may want to CHANGE is width, (all my late axles are 54 inches boss to boss) :D and that is not that hard to change, by cutting the axle in the center and making connector plates to fit inside the I beam {can be bolted together} on both sides. (or use tubing on a tube axle) you can now be as wide or narrow as you like or need to be.. Be extra creative with your brackets for a wild and different look as well...

4. Ted Brown

Ted Brown
    Expand Collapse

Ted Brown Chassis/CCR/ Retired
    The main reason I go as wide (54") as I do is so that I can keep the radius rods in close to the frame, so the tires will not hit in tight turns... There was nothing worse than not being able to park in one move... and getting into a small street parking space is really a snap when you can turn real sharp. try a 22 ft circle.

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us!

SSL Certificate