Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Please be sure to read through to Post #19, before making any hasty decisions. ;)

Due to the request of users, we will be making some changes to the forums over the next few days. It seems everyone wants the site to be locked down to discussion of T-Buckets and naught else. We have always tried to provide for discussion of other topics, and even provided a forum section for discussion about anything other than T-Buckets, but it seems the membership wants to see us moving toward a more rigid structure.

I've no problem with it. Your wish is my command. Moving forward, we will accept no posts not directly related to T-Buckets.

Effective immediately, the Introductions forum and the Lounge forum are gone. Introducing one's self has naught to do with T-Buckets. The description for the Lounge forum clearly stated, "Topics not directly related to T-Buckets belong here," which means the Lounge fails to meet the above standards.

Effective immediately, anyone submitting posts that are not T-Bucket-specific will be warned and their posts will be removed. To give everyone an idea of the kinds of posts that will no longer be allowed, I offer the following list -

Posts asking for advice on how to tune their engines
Posts asking for advice on parts that are not T-Bucket-specific (i.e. cams, carbs, intakes, etc.)
Posts mentioning car shows, rod runs or cruises that are not T-Bucket-specific
Posts mentioning any vehicles, other than T-Buckets
Posts mentioning anyone's health or medical condition
Posts mentioning the death of anyone
Posts celebrating the births of children
Posts celebrating weddings, birthdays or anniversaries
Posts mentioning weather conditions or those affected by those conditions
Posts mentioning natural disasters of any kind
Posts mentioning costs of anything not T-Bucket-specific (i.e. gas, oil, insurance)
Posts concerning titling or registering (these are handled by various government bodies and are political)
Classified ad postings not T-Bucket-specific
Posts containing pictures of anything other than T-Buckets
Posts mentioning any holidays

Posts which violate our new structure are not limited to the above list. For instance, if you want to post about driving your T-Bucket to get an ice-cream cone on a Saturday evening, mention of the ice cream strays beyond the limitations everyone has asked for, so that post will be punishable and will be removed. Posts concerning unsafe and illegal operation of a T-Bucket will be punishable and will be removed, so no more discussion of burn-outs or performance contests will be allowed.

This may seem to be heavy-handed, but many regular participants of this site have requested we adopt a tougher line. As many of them have pointed out, this really is a T-Bucket forum and there are other Web sites established for the discussion of all other topics. I have taken their concerns on board and feel it is my place to give them exactly what they have requested. I suspect this will end up with some members expressing remorse about their wishes being granted, but expressions of remorse have naught to do with T-Buckets, so those expressions will be punishable and will be removed.

Over the course of the next few days, I will be moving throughout the forums, removing threads and posts that do not meet our new format. Warnings will not be issued on existing posts, but they most certainly will be handed out, whilst moving forward.

As always, my door is open. I am always willing to take on suggestions anyone might have to help improve this site.

As much as I hate politics I think you're going in the wrong direction and I'm not going down that road with you. I'm sorry that I won't be here tomorrow to celebrate my 4th anniversary as a supporting member. I'd like to thank you one more time for all the computer help you've given me before I log out for the last time. Feel free to delete my account as I know it contains mostly non T-Bucket posts.

Question: Obviously from the pic I do not have a T bucket. I like T's and this is the forum I visit daily. Now to the question. If I have a comment or a suggesiton for a T post that I have used on the 32 is that ok?

1. It's not retribution, it is responding to requests made by several members. Members for who I have the utmost respect.

2. Telman, I am already busy establishing a means whereby individuals interested in T-Buckets, as well as other topics, will have a place to move forward. Never fear, I'm not about to stifle all the enjoyment we have been able to share to date. We'll just be doing it in another place. Those who want to talk strictly T-Buckets will have this site and those who want to share other experiences along with T-Buckets will have the other. The Web evolves a little more each day and the new site will be capable of evolving with it. So don't run off just yet, we've some good things about to happen. :thumbsup:

The good news is the new domain name has already been registered and DNS propagation is already taking place. I'm already seeing the site and have begun uploading files to the site. I need to be away for a couple hours, but as soon as I get back in here, I will keep plugging away at it. Once I have something worthwhile up and running, I will let people know the Web address for the site.

Wow !! ???

I understand the problem, have seen several things that didn't belong here but I personally think that list is a little more than necessary. I think there should be some discussion on this. I understand the forum belongs to you and the final decision is yours.

Due to the request of users, we will be making some changes to the forums over the next few days. It seems everyone wants the site to be locked down to discussion of T-Buckets and naught else. We have always tried to provide for discussion of other topics, and even provided a forum section for discussion about anything other than T-Buckets, but it seems the membership wants to see us moving toward a more rigid structure.

I've no problem with it. Your wish is my command. Moving forward, we will accept no posts not directly related to T-Buckets.

Effective immediately, the Introductions forum and the Lounge forum are gone. Introducing one's self has naught to do with T-Buckets. The description for the Lounge forum clearly stated, "Topics not directly related to T-Buckets belong here," which means the Lounge fails to meet the above standards.

Effective immediately, anyone submitting posts that are not T-Bucket-specific will be warned and their posts will be removed. To give everyone an idea of the kinds of posts that will no longer be allowed, I offer the following list -

Posts asking for advice on parts that are not T-Bucket-specific (i.e. cams, carbs, intakes, etc.)
Posts mentioning costs of anything not T-Bucket-specific (i.e. gas, oil, insurance)
Posts concerning titling or registering (these are handled by various government bodies and are political)

Posts which violate our new structure are not limited to the above list. For instance, if you want to post about driving your T-Bucket to get an ice-cream cone on a Saturday evening, mention of the ice cream strays beyond the limitations everyone has asked for, so that post will be punishable and will be removed. Posts concerning unsafe and illegal operation of a T-Bucket will be punishable and will be removed, so no more discussion of burn-outs or performance contests will be allowed.

This may seem to be heavy-handed, but many regular participants of this site have requested we adopt a tougher line. As many of them have pointed out, this really is a T-Bucket forum and there are other Web sites established for the discussion of all other topics. I have taken their concerns on board and feel it is my place to give them exactly what they have requested. I suspect this will end up with some members expressing remorse about their wishes being granted, but expressions of remorse have naught to do with T-Buckets, so those expressions will be punishable and will be removed.

Over the course of the next few days, I will be moving throughout the forums, removing threads and posts that do not meet our new format. Warnings will not be issued on existing posts, but they most certainly will be handed out, whilst moving forward.

As always, my door is open. I am always willing to take on suggestions anyone might have to help improve this site.

I am sorry to see this site fall apart. I have been a supporting member, have enjoyed it very much. I will be dropping out now. The new policies are too strict, in my opinion. I believe you have gone overboard. Good luck with the continued success of this site.

My sense is that "engine tuning", "gas, oil and insurance" are T-bucket related. Afterall, you can not operate a t-bucket without all of those items.

Mark

Ya, here soon I'm going to be buying a new cam for my T. It goes in the engine, But it's for the T. What better place to get advice about a cam or any other part for a T then here where people own and drive them.
If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have known what torque convertor to go with, or anything about the Jag rearend I have.
Might have given up a long time ago on building my car.

You have got to be joking, seems knee jerk.
Sorry to say, with these changes, in my opinion, this forum Mike will be going down the toilet.
Is this a vocal minority or what you want Mike?

I agree with some of it. There was a lot of none T related stuff here that shouldn't be here. But come on. There is more to the consturtion of a T.
A T-Bucket is made up of many other car parts (chevy, dodge, ford, jag, aftermarket, ect.). A kit car in a since. We need advice on these parts to help build the car.

It seems the key word as I read it is, "specific". My question is, if I have a "T" with a SBC, I can't comment because Chevrolet isn't "specific" to a Ford?

Since there is no other place left to say this (Off topic is already gone), I'll be moving on now. I got a lot going on I my life right now, and to be honest, I could do with one less distraction. I've really enjoyed conversing with all of you all, especially the guys I met in person over the years.

I wish all of you the best!

Mike
Please reconsider and leave the forum as is
I have read alot of the engine Threads and have learned alot from them
I am going to be getting my dual quad 350 running soon and would like to be able to discuss any issues on here
If you do anything -- I would include a DELETE button so that forum users can delete any thread that THEY see as not usefull to them
There is a "watch thread " button at the start of every thread
Just add a delete button next to that one and if a user feels that the thread is not helpful to them they can delete it
Frank

I have enjoyed checking into this site every morning. Sorry to say that is over - Bye.

OK, now that it would seem I am starting to get everyone's attention, how about we all sit up and take notice for a few minutes.

Last evening, Don'tCallMeJimmie submitted a post that fit well within the rules and guidelines of this forum. Immediately, the fur was flying.

"Oh, no, this is political, remove it."

"We don't need this on this forum."

"This forum is about T-Buckets, there is no need for this kind of material to be posted here."

I had one forum sponsor asking the post be removed and suggesting I should have banned DCMJ, rather than tfeverfred.

Still paying attention? Good, because this is where I want to point out that by giving all of those users exactly what they were asking for, there is now another entirely different set of users who are upset. People, are you now seeing how all this works?
  1. User A posts something that is acceptable by the forum rules.
  2. User B jumps to conclusions without actually reading User A's entire post and starts demanding moderation.
  3. Users C, D, E, F G, H, I J, K and L all weigh in, demanding that any non-T-Bucket posts have no place here.
  4. I take steps to give everyone what they're asking for - moderation by the very letter of the law.
  5. Then Users M, N, O, P, Q, R, S and T all weigh in to tell me that's going over the top.
See where all of you leave me? Half of you are calling for me to remove all wriggle room from the moderation of the forum and the other half of you are all pissed off and ready to pack it in, because I'm being too heavy-handed.

For those who were so ready to jump to conclusions in DCMJ's afore-mentioned thread, allow me to show you something.

newrules001.jpg

There's the node set-up for the Lounge Forum, which is currently not available. In the Description panel, please read what it says, paying particular attention to the under-lined sentence. Is the light starting to glow, for any of you? The Lounge has been part and parcel of this forum since Day One and it was specifically set up to provide a place for forum members to discuss, "Topics not directly related to T-Buckets..."

But when something well within the forum rules is posted, everyone starts pissing and moaning, because they've failed to actually read the allegedly improper post, because they're unable to comprehend what the allegedly improper post was actually saying, or because the post was not about T-Buckets.

And it's me who gets accused of over-reacting and being thin-skinned??? o_O

Let me show a wee experiment I've conducted this morning. I went through two forums, this morning, soft-deleting threads that are not directly related to T-Buckets. I went through 4 pages of the Engines forum and look at everything posted there, not directly related to T-Buckets -

newrules002.jpg

That screenshot shows a total of 17 posts, only 6 of which are within the absolute letter of the law. And that is a pretty fair screenshot, because in 4 pages, which is a total of 80 threads, I soft-deleted 56 threads. We're talking nearly 3 out of 4 posts don't meet the standards some of you are demanding. Here we have a forum with nearly 100,000 posts, and if I continue at this same approximate rate, then we're going to end up with a forum of just 25,000 posts.

I'm not going to point any fingers, but I went through one of the forum sponsor's company forums and was able to soft-delete as many as four threads per page, simply because those threads did not meet the standards some of you (including that forum sponsor) are demanding.

I'm just trying to show all of you how impossible it is for you to separate yourselves from discussing topics devoid of any political undertone.

Here's how this is going to move forward - I have changed the rule pertaining to political and religious discussion. The change is highlighted below -
p. No posts advocating any specific religious practice or advocating any political party or political candidate will be allowed on The T-Bucket Forums. If you want to engage others in discussions on these divisive topics, please visit a forum established for that purpose. Every member of the T-Bucket Forums has a perfect right to his or her own religious faith and political beliefs, however this is not the proper place to discuss either. Posts of this type will be removed.
If you feel that is too free-style for you, I respectfully submit my apology to you. But I also gently remind you I am quite incapable of making all of the people happy, all of the time.

If someone wants to comment on a blunder made by a political candidate or elected official, that will not be viewed as being political in nature. If someone wants to post to suggest anyone should vote for Candidate A or Party B, that post will be removed and the author will receive a warning.

Additionally, the Lounge forum was established to be an off-topic forum. If that environment is too rough and tumble for your gentle sensibilities, the solution is quite simple. Avoid the Lounge forum. How difficult is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back