Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame advice

Tugmaster

I've been wanting a T-Bucket since I was a teenager. Well Many years later I'm ready to take the plunnge. I want to build a "traditional" style T not a "fad" T. I was originaly planning on using a model A frame and modiying it. Well I'm thinking it will be cheaper and easier to build my own frame. I downloaded the plans from Youngster and it looks like a good starting point. However, I do have a few particulars that I want. I want to run a rear buggy spring. I would also like to use a Model A type rear crossmember. In addition I would like to use a I-beam front axle. I want the car to sit low and level, big and littles and a little bit of rake but not alot. I was thinking of using the 3" drop front spring mount from RPM. Also if I use a buggy spring will I have to increase the kickup in the rear? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance. Todd

Glad to help. If you have any questions about it Ron is easy to chat with. Just PM him.

Hey Tugmaster if we can get together I have several different sets of plans for different T frames your welcome to copy what you like

Leon,

I would like that. You still planning on trying to get HAMB folks together. Also, I saw your post on trying to get your T registered. Did you make any progress? Send me a PM I have some ideas. Todd

My most recent T is sort of built as you describe...........4 inch dropped I beam, model a rear crossmember and spring, low, no real rake, etc. Is this what you had in mind?

Don

PopsTcarbs017.jpg

tafterfirstlongdrive003-2.jpg

sanibelpictures014.jpg

sanibelpictures007-4.jpg

Don,

That is it EXACTLY. I didn't know you could read my mind!!:lol: How much kick did you put in the frame? That is perfect!!! Todd

Tugmaster said:
Don,

That is it EXACTLY. I didn't know you could read my mind!!:lol: How much kick did you put in the frame? That is perfect!!! Todd

Todd, I sent you a PM. I don't remember the exact kickup, it's been a couple of years since we did it, but I'll take any measurements you want.

Don

I'm building from youngster's plan, with a 3" drop axle and model A rear crossmember....if I go from memory, the kick is something like 7 1/2". I'll have to check on that later. If you want to catch a glimpse of the frame square-up, it's in the Project section under All-Worlds Bucket Project.

don,

your car and that blue one in the background of that one shot are a couple nice looking roadsters.. they turn my crank for sure..

Brucer said:
don,

your car and that blue one in the background of that one shot are a couple nice looking roadsters.. they turn my crank for sure..

You guys should see those two in person. The pictures don't do them justice, especially the orange metallic on Don's black roadster. Don is too modest to brag, but he and his sons build really nice stuff. Their attention to detail is amazing.:D

tugmaster...keep in mind that if you have a pick up box on the back of the body, the more kick you have, the less room there will be in the box.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back