Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Friction shocks????????

Nice work lanceks1. Interesting application. I like it.

Ron

Nice lance, I like when things are hidden. Its neat to watch people when they look at something and can't see enough parts to make it work.

Don, I have them on my T and don't like them. I have been trying to figure out how to convert to shocks without destroyng my paint. If you and you're talented sons figure it out, let me know.

Perhaps the shocks I used are too big, I got them on sale. The car I copied had small shocks. There are very more shocks to look at, to tune the front. The back of the mounted shock can be moved forward, as I bolted it to the under surface of the frame, so as not to ruin any paint. If I see some smaller shocks around soon, I'll try them.

Gab on the blue frame,the lower picture , in your post #8, under friction shocks??? , where did you buy the top shock mount.Sorry about the mix up, I'am not real good @ the computer. Thank you....

iajjpop,

O.K., I'd forgotten about that post. I didn't buy that top mount, I made it to fit that particular application. CCR sells something that might be close. I also made the shackle with the lower stud mount.

Here is another view of that piece.

Carl-ShockBracket.jpg

Hope this helps.:welcome:

I have a set of Hartford shocks off a 24 stude I plan on putting on the 22 ford antique racer. they still make them in england. they use a star spring to hold tension I don't know what the dollar conversion price for the new ones are. I found a lot of original model T parts 50 years ago and rebuilt an old racer with the parts I didn't need for the steel bucket. google hartford shock absorber.

i really like shot like those george.....good stuff to study...not just the parts you are writing about but all the other details in the surrounding area. thanks

Ron

iajjpop said:
How do I get A CCR catolog or get a hold of them ?? Thank you....

They have a website:

CCR

Gentlemen, this is one of the better posts on this site. I've really enjoyed going through it. Really neat looking styles on these buckets.

thomas:)

I used the Total bolt on shock mount this also comes in a weld on version.The CCR style looks like it might not fit with the head light stands not sure though.Heres what they look like below.

IM000604Medium-1.jpg

IM000605Medium.jpg

IM000612Medium.jpg

IM000610Medium.jpg

Bill,

I use my poor mans press brake.

PressBrakeTooling.jpg

Just a home brew tool that has seen quite a bit of use over the years.

PressBrake-2.jpg

The press is powered by a log splitter pump and a 1-1/2 h.p. motor.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back