Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front end lift

I have a Total Performance T bucket it has a 429 Ford in it, I would like to lift the front end to gain some clearance and to give it the gasser look. Has anyone done this or now were I can get different springs.

Thanks
Wade

Show a pic of your front suspension with close ups of your springs. Then we should be able to help.

I work on a good many altereds and gassers........I'll have my T Ready hopefully is time next year.........speaking from my working on them.....(I haven't ever had one to call my own).....most of the ones that do the gasser or altered look have hi arched springs or a straight axle with little or no drop. They can get squirrelly for sure cause some of them kinda sit up high! Ha!

I bet Ted Brown, Putz, Mango or Ron have their own pics......they've probably have owned one like what your talkin' about.............:):):)

Posies makes a heavy duty front spring that sits a few inches higher than stock. We just bought one to try to get my Son's T a little higher. (the 455 Olds is a little heavy up there)

Don

I only want my oil pan to clear, after that I like it low in front, do not want to ever get caught doing a wheelie, got paid good money to stop all that crap, can't steer with the wheels up.. and the coming back down sometimes is a bit hard on equipment... :)

the best way to do that is to put a straight axle on it and put the spring on top of it. if that is not enough, make a spring mount to go down lower which will raise the frame. the one thing i learned along time ago is, once it's built anything major you do to change it becomes another big job.sometimes it's easier to just build another car.

Yep lift her up with the axle, straight axle looks cool. Lift the back and the whole thing perches up like an early era Altered. Way cool!!
As Ted says, you'll find out why the early Gassers were lifted like that the first time you let 'er rip on a drivey surface and the front end reaches for the sky because the mass centre is over top of the axle centre line.
YeeeHar, ride 'er cowboy!!!
Fit wheelie bars to avoid replacing bent axles and popped shocks.

Wild Mango said:
Yep lift her up with the axle, straight axle looks cool. Lift the back and the whole thing perches up like an early era Altered. Way cool!!
As Ted says, you'll find out why the early Gassers were lifted like that the first time you let 'er rip on a drivey surface and the front end reaches for the sky because the mass centre is over top of the axle centre line.
YeeeHar, ride 'er cowboy!!!
Fit wheelie bars to avoid replacing bent axles and popped shocks.

Yea Mango.......ya gotta love those early Altereds........brings back memories of Nanook.........let me see.......it was back in the year of..................................Hee-hee:lol::):lol::)

Hello tbucketford429460, all of these ideas will work but don't have to be that complicated. My car is raised in the front like you want and it would be simple to do. I sent you a private message because of length, reply and I will be glad to show you a simple way of doing this, Eddie :cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back