Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuse Panel

Johnny

Can ya clear something up for me? On my fuse panel, there are two silver cans(flashers) and a square black plug-in module. What is that black module?

Does that thing control the flashers? Is that the thing ya change out when you are going to use LED lights?

HELP!

I am willing to bet that the relay plugged into the connector is the headlight relay. One of the silver ones is the flasher. Turn the turn signals on and feel the flasher, you maybe able to feel it clicking.

I'm using Rebel Wire. What I'm trying to figure out is that I am going to have LED signal lights and I think all that I will need to get are electronic flashers. (sorry for the run on sentence) :jawdrop:

You can use electronic/LED flashers if they fit your fuse panel. Check with Rebel for their recommendation. Or go cheap like me, and just add a regular incandescent light (or even a resistor of 100 to 200 ohms) to each turn circuit; that will add enough load to make the regular flashers work. I hid mine under the seat. Lemme know if you need a wiring diagram.

You can use electronic/LED flashers if they fit your fuse panel. Check with Rebel for their recommendation. Or go cheap like me, and just add a regular incandescent light (or even a resistor of 100 to 200 ohms) to each turn circuit; that will add enough load to make the regular flashers work. I hid mine under the seat. Lemme know if you need a wiring diagram.

Yeah, I'd sure like to see the wiring diagram.
Thanks

Or go cheap like me, and just add a regular incandescent light (or even a resistor of 100 to 200 ohms) to each turn circuit; that will add enough load to make the regular flashers work.
I used two resistors, one in each turn signal circuit, as I have all LED turn signals. I forget the Ohm rating, but it was the equivalent of two 1157 bulbs. I put my resistors in the headlight buckets (my front turns are built in to the headlight bezel).

flasher001.jpg

The 100 ohm resistors can be mounted at the fuse panel as shown or like Lee says. Radio Shack sells a pair for about $2, #271-135. I tried an electronic/LED flasher once, but it worked just like a regular flasher.

Thanks guys, for the info. One side of resistor to ground and the other side of resistor to the turn signal circuit. Sounds pretty easy.

Again, thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back