Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

george's project T

Looks like your more of a fan of a landyacht.

We are putting the finishing touches on a long bed 30 rpu right now that my Son Dan has been building for the past 4 years. Almost to the paint and upholstery stage. :):)

Don

rpubodybackon.jpg

rpubodybackon2.jpg

We just got the motor fired up for the first time a few weeks ago.

[ame=[media=youtube]eq2IHg-QE34[/media] - RPU fired up! 1 010[/ame]

That is looking really nice.

Here are a few I've saved off of the internet:

This is the front view of the one you liked.................

longbed3.jpg

a few more.................

longbed4.jpg

longbed.jpg

longbed2.jpg

Don

Lookin good!! What do you plan to do to the top? I fired my T up a couple of weeks ago. The first time in 22yrs it has been fired up. I can relate to you guys firing yours up for the first time. It is truly a kick in the pants. Great work and obviously a lot of it.

I really like the third picture down. Long, low, and stylish. 32 frame if my eyes don't decieve me. The bottom picture - I don't know, a little ratty, not my style.

Maybe ex-junk will post his 27 that was photoshopped with a 40 inch bed. Very tastey !!!

John

AZCOWBO said:
Lookin good!! What do you plan to do to the top? I fired my T up a couple of weeks ago. The first time in 22yrs it has been fired up. I can relate to you guys firing yours up for the first time. It is truly a kick in the pants. Great work and obviously a lot of it.

Thanks. We just got the top laid out the other night and got the proportions we liked. Used a Kwik Top frame that we modified to get rid of a low bar that ended up right in the side window area. It doesn't fold now, but that wasn't going to happen anyway. Probably going to have it covered with black Hartz cloth.

Yep, it was really good to hear it run for the first time. We actually built the engine 4 years ago and had never fired it, so we completely tore it down, put some hotter parts in it, bored it another 10 to 464 cubes, went to a radical cam, and put it back together. Dan was worried that it wouldn't idle as rough as his Brother's T bucket, but it does. :lol:

Don

George .. we just missed each other on a '27 like that. I sold Todd a 'glass body all set up with wood and doors hung last fall. The '32 frame is now under a '26 roadster in Minneapolis. I'll scan some pics and post them later.

Ron

Fantastic lookin ride george. Could i ask what irons are the top from.

Here's a couple pics of that project. I thought i had more but this will give you some idea of what was there.

The frame,

shopwork006Small.jpg

The body with all the wood in place,

27hiboySmall9.jpg

27hiboySmall8.jpg

body/frame fit,

27hiboySmall6.jpg

The box,

29rdsrpuproj004Small.jpg

OOPS i ment to say DON. What are the top irons off of don?????

rooster57 said:
OOPS i ment to say DON. What are the top irons off of don?????

They are Kwik Top frameworks from Speedway. They were originally designed to fold, but we modified them to not fold. It got rid of one of the bars that was in the line of sight out the side windows.

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back