Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greetings

Taking care of a white chassis can't be any more difficult than a yellow one especially if your drive it daily. Been there done that!

Ron

Oh theres an idea. I might just paint mine yellar!

There are many guys here that can advise you on your steering problem. Thing to remember is to check the basics. Wheel balance, tire pressures, tires worn in funny ways, slack in ALL the steering joints. Then on to the geometry of the front end. Toe in,Camber, caster etc. None of this is rocket science and if you haven't got the equipment, Theres always someone close or a SYMPATHETIC shop will help you out

Gerry

Ya know Gerry, once I posted that, I realized I had been too lazy to check toe in after getting that little shake in the wheel. Camber and caster are pretty much set by my axle. I bet it's either just toe in being off, or a combination of that and wheel balance, tire pressure. As I thought through all my steering stuff, the gear is in good shape, no slop (I replaced the bushing for the pitman arm shaft years ago), my column is a direct shot, no u-joints. I need something to stabilize the shaft where she comes in the rod, and I need a better drop at the dash. All this stuff may get figured out upon rebuild. We'll see.

Thanks man,

Frank

An easy way to cleaning a White Frame... I have done a few like this... I had the whole frame powder coated Satin Black, then all the outside surfaces, top and side (that are seen) plus the complete front cross member were than sanded and detailed, then painted White or Red whatever color you like... This gives you the very best of both Worlds... I call it cap painting... and way cheaper in the long run... All because I like to drive my T Bucket every where and over all types of roads, and things under the car will get dirty, just like your stocker, this is my stocker, so to speak... I don't know about you, but I have a lot more to do than polish the underside of my T, as it is not a SHOW car... I love using it when ever I like, not like some of my friends that say, I just cleaned my car, so I don't want to get it dirty... :)

Welcome from another new member! I'm also a newbie here. I love the look of this little roadster. The stake bed and the beer keg make for an interesting and different look. Thanks for the photographs. I love that clean white paint look. Fun build!

An easy way to cleaning a White Frame... I have done a few like this... I had the whole frame powder coated Satin Black, then all the outside surfaces, top and side (that are seen) plus the complete front cross member were than sanded and detailed, then painted White or Red whatever color you like... This gives you the very best of both Worlds... I call it cap painting... and way cheaper in the long run... All because I like to drive my T Bucket every where and over all types of roads, and things under the car will get dirty, just like your stocker, this is my stocker, so to speak... I don't know about you, but I have a lot more to do than polish the underside of my T, as it is not a SHOW car... I love using it when ever I like, not like some of my friends that say, I just cleaned my car, so I don't want to get it dirty... :)

Hey Ted!

That's a real interesting idea, thanks! I gotta give this some more thought...

Frank

Welcome from another new member! I'm also a newbie here. I love the look of this little roadster. The stake bed and the beer keg make for an interesting and different look. Thanks for the photographs. I love that clean white paint look. Fun build!

Hey Allen!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. When I first built the T, I couldn't afford the extra expense of a deck or truck bed, and I had a buddy who had a keg he'd give me for a gas tank. Well, that was kinda cool. Essentially I ended up building the stake rake for the keg, but as a plus got a bit of storage space. Look at that rear shot, you can see support for the stake rack coming off the rear end of the car. Also I have a triangulated support for my trailer hitch you can see in the back that comes down from the center of my rear cross member.

Took me three years stumbling through this build. I had never even built a trailer before. It's really kind of a long story, but suffice it to say I took it to the point of driving, found it drove well and was a kick in the pants, but never finished it in terms of paint. I'm getting older it seems quicker all the time, and if I don't do this now, I may not have the strength to do it later. I'm certainly not in a position to hire it done. I'll take my time, do it methodically, and it will get done.

Do you have a bucket?

Frank

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back