Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Grill Shell Pics

dovehunter79

I am going to have a friend build me an aluminum grill shell for my bucket... (dumb question but...) Does anyone have some reference pics? I have a couple but would like to weigh some more options... Thanks

p.s.

Im not wanting it rolled.

There are some pictures and info on this thread. http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f6/grille-lshell-2651/

I also have these pictures from the internet of a steel grill that someone made. I don't think that they came from this site???

Grillshell3.jpg

Grillshell.jpg

Grillshell2.jpg

Thanks but that one wasnt what I had in mind... I dont want any rolled aluminum... I want it to look rigid, all corners will be welded... I found one the other day but I just cant seem to find it anymore, I know that someone here has a picture of what I am looking for

dovehunter79 said:
Thanks but that one wasnt what I had in mind... I dont want any rolled aluminum... I want it to look rigid, all corners will be welded... I found one the other day but I just cant seem to find it anymore, I know that someone here has a picture of what I am looking for
I posted a few pics of one that I built, from 1/8" steel plate, no rolls anywhere, I like things flat also.. I then took a mold from it and made a few out of Fiberglass and even made a round bar grill.. was not too bad to do.. they are in with my pics.. PS, That top Alum piece is just sitting there, not in center. hehe
437-3-made-1-8th-steel-plate.jpg

was that the one on RPM's car???

it might have been... I just cant what the thread title was, all I can remember is that it was posted a couple days ago :laff:

search radiator...i think you'll find it there

Ron

I think the one he is referring to is the one Norseman posted. It took him a few tries to get the front view to show.

As nice as Ron's is, that wasnt the one... How wide is your frame Ron?

Norsemans' was nice and I found that one too but it wasnt it either...

The exact picture that I am thinking of was looking from the front right of the car to the rear left... The grill shell had a width of about 6"'s or appeared to be and the aluminum wasnt polished a great deal... Thats really all I can remember about it, the grill shell is what caught my eye and I didnt really think about it until I saw my fram after it was shot with black paint:sad:

I might just have to wait until I get my radiator back on and make my own measurements.

Here we go... since I just couldnt remember I starting going through my history and scrolling through every page that I went to starting with Tuesday and I found the one that I was looking for... appearantly I dont know the difference between polished or unpolished but I found it, it was on a post that I started:buttkick:... It was the grill shell on "Nas T"'s car that I was looking for. :eek:

I think I am having what my dad calls a "Senior Moment"

Dumb question time...

in THAT picture...Nas T's picture...the FIRST thing you noticed...was the SHELL? Do I have that correct?:dance:

I think he should consider lifting that other car off that is setting on top of his motor.

Dennys is the best Laxitive known to man. The Grand Slam takes on a whole new meaning for me. ARG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back