Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Haggerty vs Grundy

rooster57

Well i have had Grundy since my car was finished 1.5 years ago. It was covered for 20K at 330.00 per year with no deductible and so on . This year when it was time to renew i thought i will get a quote from Haggerty. They came in at 229.00. Same coverage Hum i will go with Haggerty. So at the last minute i gave Grundy an opertunity to match their price. She ask me what Haggertys price was ,I told her. When she came back to the phone she ask me "did you tell them its a 1923 and my reply was Yes yes i did" She said thats the reason my car was titled in 2008 not 1923. I said what difference should it make you insured it for X amount no more no less. So to be fair i called Haggerty and told them she said "doesnt make any differance to them they go by car type ,engine size and my driving record. So i saved 101.00 enough to finance one BBQ cook out for my family and friends.

Well i have had Grundy since my car was finished 1.5 years ago. It was covered for 20K at 330.00 per year with no deductible and so on . This year when it was time to renew i thought i will get a quote from Haggerty. They came in at 229.00. Same coverage Hum i will go with Haggerty. So at the last minute i gave Grundy an opertunity to match their price. She ask me what Haggertys price was ,I told her. When she came back to the phone she ask me "did you tell them its a 1923 and my reply was Yes yes i did" She said thats the reason my car was titled in 2008 not 1923. I said what difference should it make you insured it for X amount no more no less. So to be fair i called Haggerty and told them she said "doesnt make any differance to them they go by car type ,engine size and my driving record. So i saved 101.00 enough to finance one BBQ cook out for my family and friends.
Rooster, I live in N.C. and called both G & H and they would not cover my car because it is titled as a 2005 Custom Car. At that time, State Law. I,ve tried with every Ins. Co. in N.C. and no one will do full coverage on it because it has a fibreglass body. So I asked them why they Ins. $80,000.00 Corvettes with fibreglass bodies. The next thing they said was because of repair cost, and I said for an agreed value what difference does it make, the labor would be free as I would make all the repairs myself, just the parts and the adjustor could approve the repairs as any other vehicle to reinstate the agreed upon value. Half or less than the Vette. The next thing I was told was that the Ins. Co.s could insure what they pleased as long as they do not deny you liability,State Law, and that the Ins. rates are set by the Ins. Commissioner of N.C. and that is why Ins. Co.s will not write a lot of policies in this State. Cannot get any of the Ins. Co.s to give me anything in their Co. Policy guidelines in writing so as to try and get laws passed to help the cause of Hotrodders In this State. Have left message on the other Board for help from Craig Meads with SEMA to see if he would help. No answer yet. Maybe someone else can help me with an answer PLEASE!!! Thanks,Bruce

Rooster, I live in N.C. and called both G & H and they would not cover my car because it is titled as a 2005 Custom Car. At that time, State Law. I,ve tried with every Ins. Co. in N.C. and no one will do full coverage on it because it has a fibreglass body. So I asked them why they Ins. $80,000.00 Corvettes with fibreglass bodies. The next thing they said was because of repair cost, and I said for an agreed value what difference does it make, the labor would be free as I would make all the repairs myself, just the parts and the adjustor could approve the repairs as any other vehicle to reinstate the agreed upon value. Half or less than the Vette. The next thing I was told was that the Ins. Co.s could insure what they pleased as long as they do not deny you liability,State Law, and that the Ins. rates are set by the Ins. Commissioner of N.C. and that is why Ins. Co.s will not write a lot of policies in this State. Cannot get any of the Ins. Co.s to give me anything in their Co. Policy guidelines in writing so as to try and get laws passed to help the cause of Hotrodders In this State. Have left message on the other Board for help from Craig Meads with SEMA to see if he would help. No answer yet. Maybe someone else can help me with an answer PLEASE!!! Thanks,Bruce

hmmm... That sucks! My '27 is registered and insured in IN as a 2009...and no issues. I have agreed value coverage.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back